Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nuvi 3590 will not accept destination

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • nuvi 3590 will not accept destination

    I attempted to add a destination which is shown in the map data but it will not except the city and state: Medina WV
    How can this be corrected? I just update the maps 2 weeks ago.

  • #2
    Since that area is so rural, it may be listed under a different city. Try using the "less is more" rule where you enter only the street address without the city. The exact method varies with different models, so you may need to experiment.
    Oregon 550T, nuvi 3597LMTHD, nuvi 855, nuvi 755T

    Comment


    • #3
      Which destination? That way we can check it out.
      Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
      Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
      (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

      Comment


      • #4
        I think OP meant this:

        https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...!4d-81.6284601

        (Medina, WV, USA)

        Comment


        • #5
          Yes I got that but that's not the destination. We need the address he's trying to enter.
          Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
          Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
          (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

          Comment


          • #6
            To be honest if that's the destination then there's literally handful of houses around that place...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by alandb View Post
              Since that area is so rural, it may be listed under a different city. Try using the "less is more" rule where you enter only the street address without the city. The exact method varies with different models, so you may need to experiment.
              Below is the route using Google Maps.
              Medina WV is right off I-77 exit # 154.
              I will be out of town and unavailable until Monday afternoon of the 11th.
              Thanks to all who replied.

              https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Whee...38.7706432!3e0

              Comment


              • #8
                Wonderful, but tell us what address you were trying to enter? Or were you simply entering the city names? Medina isn't classed as a city

                https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...4UVLdYr7pNNhIA

                which is why you may have an issue, but Gay is.
                Last edited by SUSSAMB; 09-10-2017, 07:26 AM.
                Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
                Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
                (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
                  Wonderful, but tell us what address you were trying to enter? Or were you simply entering the city names? Medina isn't classed as a city

                  https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...4UVLdYr7pNNhIA

                  which is why you may have an issue, but Gay is.
                  If this is indeed the reason then this may be the nail in the coffin for our nuvi 3590. I can't believe it would ignore any populated place simply because it is a unincorporated community. If that is so that would include thousands of places in the US which one can find on both paper maps and Google maps.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Did you have an address here? If not then I'm not sure what your issue is?
                    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
                    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
                    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      In any case, it is the map data not the 3590 device that causes your search to fail. If you feel this is an error in the map data, report it to Here, the map maker.

                      That said, I am not convinced this is a map error. Even in Google maps, if you right click on the Medina WV location and select "What's here" from the pop up menu, the address given is Sandyville, WV 25275. It is true that on Google Maps, the search can find Medina as the location of a place of interest, but it is not an address. Obviously, the Google servers have a much larger data base of searchable places than the nuvi has.
                      Last edited by alandb; 09-12-2017, 11:44 AM.
                      Oregon 550T, nuvi 3597LMTHD, nuvi 855, nuvi 755T

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by alandb View Post
                        In any case, it is the map data not the 3590 device that causes your search to fail. If you feel this is an error in the map data, report it to Here, the map maker.
                        Is "Here" supposed to have a link. It does not.
                        Thanks.
                        -Mike

                        Originally posted by alandb View Post
                        That said, I am not convinced this is a map error. Even in Google maps, if you right click on the Medina WV location and select "What's here" from the pop up menu, the address given is Sandyville, WV 25275. It is true that on Google Maps, the search can find Medina as the location of a place of interest, but it is not an address. Obviously, the Google servers have a much larger data base of searchable places than the nuvi has.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          No, Here is the company that supply the maps for Garmin. You can report errors at https://mapcreator.here.com/mapcreat...0.35507,10,0,0 or directly to Garmin https://my.garmin.com/mapErrors/report.faces
                          Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
                          Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
                          (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
                            No, Here is the company that supply the maps for Garmin. You can report errors at https://mapcreator.here.com/mapcreat...0.35507,10,0,0 or directly to Garmin https://my.garmin.com/mapErrors/report.faces
                            Thanks,
                            I have been talking to tech support as well. They submitted the map error and claim it will be fixed within the next two update cycles (2-4months).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well 2 update cycles is more like 4 to 6 months .... but nice to know they aim to correct it.
                              Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
                              Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
                              (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X