No announcement yet.

nuvi 3590 will not accept destination

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nuvi 3590 will not accept destination

I attempted to add a destination which is shown in the map data but it will not except the city and state: Medina WV
    How can this be corrected? I just update the maps 2 weeks ago.

Since that area is so rural, it may be listed under a different city. Try using the "less is more" rule where you enter only the street address without the city. The exact method varies with different models, so you may need to experiment.
    Oregon 550T, nuvi 3597LMTHD, nuvi 855, nuvi 755T

Comment

Which destination? That way we can check it out.
      Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
      Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
      (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

I think OP meant this:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...!4d-81.6284601

(Medina, WV, USA)

Comment

Yes I got that but that's not the destination. We need the address he's trying to enter.
          Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
          (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

To be honest if that's the destination then there's literally handful of houses around that place...

Comment

Originally posted by alandb View Post
              Since that area is so rural, it may be listed under a different city. Try using the "less is more" rule where you enter only the street address without the city. The exact method varies with different models, so you may need to experiment.
              Below is the route using Google Maps.
              Medina WV is right off I-77 exit # 154.
              I will be out of town and unavailable until Monday afternoon of the 11th.
              Thanks to all who replied.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Whee...38.7706432!3e0

Comment

Wonderful, but tell us what address you were trying to enter? Or were you simply entering the city names? Medina isn't classed as a city

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...4UVLdYr7pNNhIA

which is why you may have an issue, but Gay is.
                Last edited by SUSSAMB; 09-10-2017, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
                  Wonderful, but tell us what address you were trying to enter? Or were you simply entering the city names? Medina isn't classed as a city

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&so...4UVLdYr7pNNhIA

which is why you may have an issue, but Gay is.
                  If this is indeed the reason then this may be the nail in the coffin for our nuvi 3590. I can't believe it would ignore any populated place simply because it is a unincorporated community. If that is so that would include thousands of places in the US which one can find on both paper maps and Google maps.

Comment

Did you have an address here? If not then I'm not sure what your issue is?

Comment

In any case, it is the map data not the 3590 device that causes your search to fail. If you feel this is an error in the map data, report it to Here, the map maker.

That said, I am not convinced this is a map error. Even in Google maps, if you right click on the Medina WV location and select "What's here" from the pop up menu, the address given is Sandyville, WV 25275. It is true that on Google Maps, the search can find Medina as the location of a place of interest, but it is not an address. Obviously, the Google servers have a much larger data base of searchable places than the nuvi has.
                      Last edited by alandb; 09-12-2017, 11:44 AM.
                      Oregon 550T, nuvi 3597LMTHD, nuvi 855, nuvi 755T

Comment

In any case, it is the map data not the 3590 device that causes your search to fail. If you feel this is an error in the map data, report it to Here, the map maker.
                        Is "Here" supposed to have a link. It does not.
                        Thanks.
                        -Mike

That said, I am not convinced this is a map error. Even in Google maps, if you right click on the Medina WV location and select "What's here" from the pop up menu, the address given is Sandyville, WV 25275. It is true that on Google Maps, the search can find Medina as the location of a place of interest, but it is not an address. Obviously, the Google servers have a much larger data base of searchable places than the nuvi has.

Comment

No, Here is the company that supply the maps for Garmin. You can report errors at https://mapcreator.here.com/mapcreat...0.35507,10,0,0 or directly to Garmin https://my.garmin.com/mapErrors/report.faces

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
                            No, Here is the company that supply the maps for Garmin. You can report errors at https://mapcreator.here.com/mapcreat...0.35507,10,0,0 or directly to Garmin https://my.garmin.com/mapErrors/report.faces
                            Thanks,
                            I have been talking to tech support as well. They submitted the map error and claim it will be fixed within the next two update cycles (2-4months).

Comment

Well 2 update cycles is more like 4 to 6 months .... but nice to know they aim to correct it.

Comment

Working...
                              X