Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems With Express 6.9 Loading

After being prompted to update Express recently, I keep getting an error message - see attached. Is anyone else having problems with the new Express 6.9?

I have exactly the same problem. Tried to reinstall Express but the same messege appears.

Comment

add another to the list. I'm running on an older mac so am limited to os 10.11.6

Comment

That is me also, add another to the list. I'm running on OSX 10.11.6

Comment

I'm also running on an older mac limited to os 10.11.6

Comment

I just sent an email to Garmin Support. I would suggest that if you continue to have problems, to do the same. I'll post here their response.

Comment

This issue has been reported to the Garmin Express team to research. We will post here when more information is available.
              sigpic

Comment

Thank you Express Customer Care.
                Last edited by Darter2; 11-01-2018, 05:05 AM.

Comment

This is the response I received from Garmin Support:

Dear Darter2,

EXPRESSCUSTOMERCARE has made a new post under
                  Problems With Express 6.9 Loading

The discussion is located at:
                  https://forums.garmin.com/node/1419941

Here is the message that has been posted:
                  This issue has been reported to the Garmin Express team to research. We will post here when more information is available.

All the best,
                  Garmin Forums

Comment

While our software developers are researching to determine the root cause of the crash, we would like anyone experiencing this issue to uninstall Garmin Express and then install the previous version, 6.8.0. After 6.8.0 is installed, the prompt to upgrade to 6.9.0 will appear but it can be skipped by clicking Not Now. Please do not upgrade from 6.8.0 until we have posted a resolution. If you would like to be notified when a resolution is available by email, please contact Product Support to be added to the notification list.

Here are the links to the FAQ on uninstalling and to the installer for Garmin Express 6.8.0:

Full Uninstall of Garmin Express

Thank you for your patience.
                    Last edited by EXPRESSCUSTOMERCARE; 11-28-2018, 01:29 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Same problem here. I will try to re-install the 6.8 Version.

Comment

Originally posted by Furka View Post
                        Same problem here. I will try to re-install the 6.8 Version.
                        The customer care instructions are excellent.
                        I would have thought we would have seen some progress by now.

Comment

I bought my Garmin yesterday and I'm trying to sync it via Garmin Express in my Mac (system El Capitan) and it won't let me log in! I put the correct info and it keeps loading and won't sign in. It says "it will take a minute" but after 30 min waiting it still won't work.

Buying a Garmin has been an awful experience until now.

Comment

Originally posted by IngridSW View Post
                            I bought my Garmin yesterday and I'm trying to sync it via Garmin Express in my Mac (system El Capitan) and it won't let me log in! I put the correct info and it keeps loading and won't sign in. It says "it will take a minute" but after 30 min waiting it still won't work.

Buying a Garmin has been an awful experience until now.
                            Garmin Express 6.9.0 seems to have a major problem with El Capitan.
                            it may be useful to check which version of garmin express you have .
                            If it's 6,9.0, I would suggest that you follow the detailed instructions as given elsewhere in the forum to completely remove it.
                            Also there is a link elsewhere to install version 5.8.0.
                            if successful don't accept invites to upgrade to 6.9.0 until you see an "all clear" perhaps on this forum.
                            It's taking some time now and I wonder if the powers that be have decided that El Capitan users are not worth attending to.
                            I'm just giving my experience, I'm not in support or anything.

Comment

See post #10 above
                              Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
                              Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
                              (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Working...
                              X