No announcement yet.

Garmin Express 6.4 refuses to upeate to 6.5

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin Express 6.4 refuses to upeate to 6.5

And you wonder why so many people are dumping Garmin products for Wahoo? Because Wahoo produces reliable products that actually work and update without issue. So far I've tried downloading the app directly from your webpage, and it's the old version. The update process on the About page for Garmin Express does not do anything and it does not update to 6.5. Come on guys get it together.

I just upgraded from the About option and it worked just fine.

Comment

Nope, still broken. Does not update, and I find it amazing that Garmin does not have 6.5 on their own Garmin Express download page. What a joke. Why would they serve old software on their own official download page??

Comment

Worked fine for me too so suspect the issue is at your end.
        Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
        Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
        (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

I'm in the same boat. MacOS GE 6.4.0.0 won't sync my Edge 820 (server connection failure), and the app's About page installation link for 6.5.1.0 doesn't respond. It really looks like 6.4 was an epic fail.

Since I couldn't DL 6.5.1.0 from the app, I went to the GE website to DL from there. But the website still serves up the old, broken, useless 6.4.0.0 that I already have.

Come on, Garmin, at least put the current version of your software on the website!

Comment

Mine would not update either and ran into the same problem when I went to Garmin to download it. 6.4.0.0

Comment

'Ray! It appears the DMG has been updated. I just DL'ed from the website and successfully installed 6.5.1.0, and even sync'ed my 820. I'm hoping the syncing and GE updating problems won't recur... ... ... ...

Comment

I was able to update the Garmin Express using the update link on the About screen.

Comment

Working...
                X