Application crashes on startup if launch it right after another

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application crashes on startup if launch it right after another

Hello,
    I launched the standard Running app on my vivoactive HR, and as it started looking for GPS signal, I closed it and tried to immediately launch my own app, but it just crashed showing the famous "IQ!" icon. No log message was left so I have no idea about the reason for it. I tried the same with other apps installed from the store (SkyWatch and 7-Minute Workout) and crashed them as well. However, I could not crash those standard apps like Cycling.
    Does anybody have an idea of why could it happen and how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Matvey

The best place for things like this is the Connect IQ Developer Forum.

But have you tried rebooting the watch? On the vahr, hold the left button until the watch powers off (15-20 seconds) and then turn it back on. Then many try a native app and then another one of the apps you mention 1st, and see if you get the IQ! (don't run your app 1st, it case it's causing problems in the CIQ apps that follow.)
    I just tried it on a vahr with one of my apps, Hike2 and I start run, and while GPS was still red, exited it, and ran my app, and all is fine.(the vahr is on 4.40 FW).

If your app does a IQ!, without a ciq_log.txt, I'd suspect something very early in your code, maybe in your AppBase.
    My Connect IQ Apps in the Store
    Facebook - Instagram -
    Twitter

Comment

Jim, thank you for answering.

Yes, after rebooting or even just waiting for some time the apps run with no problems.
      I tried the following:
      1. Rebooted the device
      2. Opened SkyWatch and 7-Minute Workout to see them work
      3. Started Running app
      4. Quickly tried SkyWatch and 7-Minute Workout
      5. IQ!
      Anyway, after a minute or so these applications worked fine.

I had an idea that maybe the apps crash because of lack of GPS permission (device still tries to locate for running and prevent other apps to start if they haven't such permission), but then I crashed Hike2 and Maps as well so it doesn't seem an option
      Last edited by msmych; 05-31-2018, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Again, the best place to post is in the forum I mentioned. Other CIQ folks, as well as Garmin people on the CIQ side.
        My Connect IQ Apps in the Store
        Facebook - Instagram -
        Twitter

Comment

Working...
        X