Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade

We’re excited to announce that the Garmin Forums will soon be moving to a new platform that should greatly improve our forum experience for everyone. We will update everyone as more information becomes available.
See more
See less

Create custom map including strava heatmap layer

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create custom map including strava heatmap layer

Hi,

I do a lot of MTB and I like to explore new routes. To do so, i've been using combination of strava route planner + dynamic.watch to export the route on my vivoactive HR.

Now I would like to invest on a garmin edge 820 because in MTB it is sometime tricky to follow a route using a watch, especially on technical paths, when you absolutely need to keep your hands on handlebar. I've seen that you can import custom map in edge 820. So my question is : can we create a custom map including the strava global heatmap in order to have it on the edge 820 while riding? It could be usefull for example when you did not plan a route and want to discover "live".

As starting point, I downloaded JOSM ans succesfully imported the HD heatmap layer based on TMS server, but now the process is quite unclear to me to generate a map. Does anybody know the process to do so?

Thanks !
Working...
X