No announcement yet.

Just left for our trip to Canada and...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just left for our trip to Canada and...

Just left for our trip to Canada and realized our Garmin 52LM only has the lower 49 states installed.

Is there a way I can download a map file onto my microSD card using my phone and then use it in my GPS device? Where can I download a map of Canada and how do I install it without using the Garmin Express Software? We do not have a laptop with us.

You might be able to download an OSM map from somewhere but not a Garmin one. You'd need to use your phone to create a folder named Garmin on the card and place the map in that. This site could be a good start http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/
    Last edited by SUSSAMB; 07-28-2017, 09:24 AM.
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
      You might be able to download an OSM map from somewhere but not a Garmin one. You'd need to use your phone to create a folder named Garmin on the card and place the map in that. This site could be a good start http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/
      I'm pretty sure that on a Nuvi, the maps need to go into a directory called "MAP" and not "GARMIN" in order to work.

Comment

On a card they work in the Garmin folder.
        Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
        Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
        (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Working...
        X