Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GUBRIST View Post
    yes :-)
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/801943383
    amazing: the track on the map is accurate; you see that it has GPS connection from time to time, which is sufficient.
    strange: it turns out that the swim program stopped 100 m before reaching the shore; this might be a watch issue.
    It won't let me look at the map; but is strange that it stopped 100m before the shore.

Originally posted by bmbauer20 View Post
    This app has a chance to be very useful given the watch's current limitations with the auto-multisport. I haven't used it during a race yet, but I am planning to use it in a race tomorrow. In looking at it today, I noticed that if you touch the lap/back button on the touch screen you are exited from the app. This is what could be causing the issues during the swim portion of the watching freezing or exiting back to the clock. The water could be affecting the touch screen.

For the developer, is there a way in the code that you can disable the touch screen during the swim? Similar to the built-in app for swimming, by doing so, the only way to exit the activity would be to physically press the button on the right side of the watch. Or, can you create the code so that it links all 3 built-in apps together?
    That's an interesting theory I hadn't thought about. I think we can hook all of the input, so I will look into handling screen/buttons

Comment

Originally posted by pmprog View Post
      [SIZE=4]Designed to record a swim, a cycle and a run, with a transition inbetween.
      Thanks for the overall screen at the end of the triathlon, indicating als well the transition time.
      - Is there a way to store the transition time as separate activity (to be displayed at Gramin connect), as well?
      So far "only" swim, a cycle and a run are stored.
      Marathon, Pacemaker, Triathlon & Geocaching | Garmin 220 HR, Garmin vivoactive HR, Garmin Dakota 20

Comment

pmTriathlon Designed to record a swim, a cycle and a run, with a transition inbetween
        Thanks for the overall results screen at the end of the Triathlon, including transition.
        - Is there a way to recorad the 548as seaparte activiy as well (to be displayed at Garmin Connect afterwards)?
        Marathon, Pacemaker, Triathlon & Geocaching | Garmin 220 HR, Garmin vivoactive HR, Garmin Dakota 20

Comment

Thanks for the overall screen at the end of the triathlon, indicating als well the transition time.
          - Is there a way to store the transition time as separate activity (to be displayed at Gramin connect), as well?
          So far "only" swim, a cycle and a run are stored.
          I ask it to record as a transistion, but I believe ConnectIQ will not save them. The only way around this is to maybe save them as "Walk" or "Generic Sport", I guess?

I was also thinking about adding some feature to save the summary screen so you can load them back post-event though time is against me at the minute

Comment

The only way around this is to save them as "Walk" or "Generic Sport", I guess?
            Thanks. - Yes, "Walk" would pretty much meet it for transition.

Comment

Swim Part stopped again

Thanks for the feedback. I'll see if there's anything I can do about about the crashing.
              Once again:
              after 585 meters / 8 minutes the swim part and the whole pmTriathlon App stopped again without touching the Garmin vivoactive.
              It was back in the watch page, the app must have crashed without any warning message.

Today, I swum exactly the same track using the orginal swim App of of the Garmin vivoactive.
              It did not stop (approx. 1.6 km / 36 minutes). To stop the swim App, you have to press the right metal button (Start/Stop) for some seconds.
              - This might be an imporvement for the pmTriathlon App.

With the current version, I cannot use the pmTriathlon for my next olympic Triathlon as it is not reliable.

Comment

Thoughts on crashing...

I too have tried this app in open water and pool. I think it is has great potential, but it has crashed every time in the water. I have tried wearing it on each wrist on the top and underside of each wrist as well. (thinking perhaps the button was getting pushed on accident.) I as well tried it strapped to the back of my goggles. (thinking perhaps it was a lost GPS connection.) Still no luck. If the swim crash could be fixed, this would be a great app! My guess is the crash is due to the water striking the touch screen. I have tried starting it with GPS connection then walking around with it (even out of GPS connection) and it continued to run. It has only been in the water that it crashed. It has done it every time I have tried swimming with it. I think if anybody has any other ideas they should submit them. Anything that could assist the developer would be great for all of us.

Comment

Tri App

I have tried to use the app twice and both times it stopped in the middle of the swim. It is an open water swim, I will try again tomorrow to see. I am going to Uninstall and reinstall and make sure all is up to date on my vivoactive.

Comment

Any Update to the App?

Thanks, I had a swim today in the lake.
                    After 20 minutes the swim part and the whole pmTriathlon App stopped without touching the Garmin vivoactive. Getting out of the water, the Garmin vivoactive was back in the watch page.
                    The postive thing is, that the swim was recorded and afterwards uploaded to Garmin Connect. Distance indicated was 1.5 km but is was max. 800 m. (I do not know yet if/how vivoactive can measure the open water distance.)
                    Originally posted by Brent_Benware View Post
                    I have tried to use the app twice and both times it stopped in the middle of the swim. It is an open water swim, I will try again tomorrow to see. I am going to Uninstall and reinstall and make sure all is up to date on my vivoactive.
                    Have you had a chance to update the swim part of the app? I liked the idea of disabling the screen during the swim. I hope this gets fixed the potential for the app is great, if it works for all parts.

Thanks for creating and working on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent_Benware View Post
                      Have you had a chance to update the swim part of the app? I liked the idea of disabling the screen during the swim. I hope this gets fixed the potential for the app is great, if it works for all parts.

Thanks for creating and working on this.
                      I'm afraid not, I've been on holiday recently, so haven't had any chance to work on it. I should have some free time coming up soon, and I'll see what I can do

Comment

Lock screen

Locking the screen is the one part of this app that is missing but could potentially make it the most downloaded app on the vivoactive. Whether swimming in a large outdoor pool, a lake or the sea even putting the watch in a pull bag a screen lock is essential. I have tried all of the above and they are not reliable due to inadvertent presses of the screen.

Please implement hardware button control and disable the touchscreen.

You are teetering on the edge of legend status!!!

Cheers

Comment

New Version Out!

Just to let you know, a new version has been released with the following changes:

1. A settings menu is now available in the pre-event screen by pressing the menu button. At the minute, the only option you are able to change is whether you are doing a Triathlon, Reverse Triathlon, or a Duathlon (Run/Cycle/Run); The data fields will hopefully get added soon

2. The screen is now locked during an event, and the only buttons that should do anything are the Power button (for enabling the backlight) and the Record button (for advancing)

Please feedback to let me know if the swim issue is fixed. Thanks
                          Last edited by pmprog; 07-05-2015, 12:54 PM.

Comment

The screen is now locked during a swim event

The screen is now locked during an event, and the only buttons that should do anything are the Power button (for enabling the backlight) and the Record button (for advancing)
                            Please feedback to let me know if the swim issue is fixed. Thanks
                            Thanks, it has worked out :-)
                            https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/825449948

Comment

That's great! I used the old version of the app today for the second time, and it crashed during the swim. Just downloaded the new version - won't have an opportunity to test it out until my tri on Sunday, but I'm glad to hear that issue has been fixed.

Comment

Tri this sunday

Originally posted by dscotth98 View Post
                                That's great! I used the old version of the app today for the second time, and it crashed during the swim. Just downloaded the new version - won't have an opportunity to test it out until my tri on Sunday, but I'm glad to hear that issue has been fixed.
                                Doing a Tri this Sunday? Wouldn't happen to be doing Vineman would you? Updated my PMTri app. Now not sure if I should use it this Sunday or use the old reliable (but clunky) 310.. Anybody have any votes???

Comment

Working...
                                X