DIY Data Field

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by easuvorov View Post
    I'll release several supplementary versions of the app so that they can be used in different activity recorders with their own parameters.
    Thanks! look forward to that

Originally posted by easuvorov View Post
    you won't be able to see other user designs unless they share them willingly
    I guess we could post screenshots and code in this forum, unless you would prefer to keep it for dev purposes only?

fenix 5 with latest beta paired with iPhone 6
    Virb Elite

Comment

• Originally posted by peteholloway View Post
      I guess we could post screenshots and code in this forum, unless you would prefer to keep it for dev purposes only?
      Personally I have nothing against users sharing definitions that's why there's a "Local" option in Import/Export dialog. Unfortunately for us even after a facelift this forum still doesn't have any convenient showcase capabilities like ability to pin posts to the top of any page, adding polls etc. That's why I mentioned creation of some kind of community page. I'll look into G+ groups as this seems rather simple to maintain and allows to implement sophisticated features if necessary.

Comment

• Hi, Eugene
        What about Power Zones? I'd like to have a value for display it as Garmin native Power Zone Data field does...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedro_Anglada View Post
          Hi, Eugene
          What about Power Zones? I'd like to have a value for display it as Garmin native Power Zone Data field does...
          Contrary to heart rate zones, power zones definition is not available to connectIQ apps. If you check third party data fields/applications with power zones available on market, you may notice that there's always at least some kind of "FTP" parameter as there is a recommended percents to be used to define power zones based on FTP. Currently I added one hard-coded color set which range values are based on FTP value of 186, you can duplicate this color set and enter your specific values, this will allow you to use dynamic color based on this color set to indicate which power zone are you in. If you want to see actual power zone as a number - it's another story as this will require of me to add either one new "FTP" parameter to calculate power zones range values based on it, or one parameter containing comma delimited power zone range values list (like milestones) or six different parameters to store these range values. It can be done either way for modern devices as we still have a lot of free memory, which could be used for new code and settings, it all depends on what do you want to achieve.
          Last edited by easuvorov; 07-11-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Hi again.
            The idea of the comma delimited values list or an FTP value is better as color based numbers is not ever visible on a watch screen. Is much better to have a number (i.e. zone '4.2') to see how things are gonin' on...
            Another comment: I use 7 zones... and others use 6 or 5.. it'd be very interesting to have it into account...

Fantasic Job Eugene. Thank you VERY much for making it possible.

Comment

• Thanks a lot for Edge. Perfect and it seems it works very well. Small other wishes:

1) There is no colorbase for current speed?
              2) As Edges have more space on display, there is a too low limit for elements to be synchronized (limit could be different for some devices?)
              3) Nobody using course navigation during activity? Fields like "course point distance", "time to next", "symbol of next coursepoint", "dist to destination", "eta at destination" and others are very demanded, because of limiting number of pages. But may be it?s not possible for IQ fields to take these garmin-built data fields?
              4) Should be very useful for checking to have possibilty change the value of metrics (e.g. battery value). So, everyone could easily check if dynamics colors or arcs are well programmed.

With big Respect to your work, thanks again MaPa
              Last edited by marek.pavlik; 07-12-2017, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedro_Anglada View Post
                Hi again.
                ... Is much better to have a number (i.e. zone '4.2') to see how things are gonin' on...
                Actually I would also find this useful - e.g. rather than Z1 or Z2, Z1.9 tells me I'm almost into Z2.

Comment

• Originally posted by marek.pavlik View Post
                  There is no colorbase for current speed?
                  Current application design requires any color base variable to have a related hard-coded color set in watch app, in my opinion speed color coding is always very personal thing, I may introduce some very simple color set or assign existing one to speed, then it'll be possible to create custom one with your preference values.

Originally posted by marek.pavlik View Post
                  As Edges have more space on display, there is a too low limit for elements to be synchronized (limit could be different for some devices?)
                  I will consider this, but I'm still struggling with a vertical scroll bar in palette list, basically that was the original reason I limited elements count 8))

Nobody using course navigation during activity
                  I have bearing, distanceToDestination, distanceToNextPoint, elevationAtDestination, elevationAtNextPoint, nameOfDestination, nameOfNextPoint in an activity info. Distances and names are the simple ones, I'll add this a little bit later, bearing is declared as the direction to course finish, to implement this it'll be necessary to introduce direction arrow parameters, therefore I may add this some time later. I'd prefer to have direction to next way point, but next wp coordinates or direction are not exposed to connectIQ.

Should be very useful for checking to have possibilty change the value of metrics
                  This will require considerable redesign of web application since currently it doesn't support dynamic values except for the graphs.
                  Last edited by easuvorov; 07-13-2017, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• Thx for answers. Great.

Is there possibility to make a bar, which will show the progress of a milestone distance (or distanceToDestination or distanceToNextPoint)?

Comment

• Hi again.
                      I'v seen that the color sets are not correctly imported from a local string file... to be fixed...

Comment

• Originally posted by marek.pavlik View Post
                        Is there possibility to make a bar, which will show the progress of a milestone distance (or distanceToDestination or distanceToNextPoint)?
                        Currently next milestone distance(left) is already present in rectangle/arc variable list, but to show progress we need to know the max value, right? Currently the implementation is simple: you input min and max values and these values become "hard-coded" range values for the dynamic graphics elements. This means that to create progress bar to say next milestone you need to tell, that you want to use dynamic value instead of manually entered one, which is the next milestone distance in this case. I'll think whether I can implement dynamic range values without breaking the whole thing apart. As for the next waypoint distance left it is not possible, since we have only distance left while to show progress we'll also need the whole distance from the previous waypoint to the next one, and I have no data source to acquire this value.

Comment

• Great app. Finally what I have been waiting for. Keep up the great work.
                          I'm using a Edge 520 and it would be great to be able to have larger text both in numeric and text formats. Something big enough to fill the full width of the screen for a 3 digit number (Power) or 3 digits and decimal (Speed 29.8). Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by easuvorov View Post
                            ... This means that to create progress bar to say next milestone you need to tell, that you want to use dynamic value instead of manually entered one, which is the next milestone distance in this case. I'll think whether I can implement dynamic range values without breaking the whole thing apart. ....
                            That would be sweet, thx. I?m very satisfied with your work on this, but can you have a look on battery consumption too? It looks like that if I use this datafield, battery is gone much more quicker than normal... But I will test it.

Comment

• So I have this pretty advanced configuration work-in-progress for Trail Running with most interesting data plus BIG heart rate.
                              I wonder if it's simply too much for my F3 but would like some input if some of you would like to try it.
                              It seems the config/settings are not saved on the watch. (I use GE since GCM isn't working well on iOS.)
                              I'll try to post a screen shot below.
                              Crappy image functions on this forum... here's the link:
                              https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zwdg215f0...field9_jpg.jpg

Code:
                              ALMBIASHCa\aAAQAAA[BYBNASHCOCZAAQAAAPA]BYASHIVCMAAQAAAVDMCWASHECY[AAQAABRBVA[ATADRUYCDOE]CPAKAB%ASADIHBA[OE]CPFIABASAGFTJAMOE]CPGCABATAIIX^CDOE]CPADABkAVAJLOOCDOE]CPAKABCALASAJU]CAYOE]CPCKABAUAAaAaCDOE]CPALABCAASAA]JGAPOE]CPFKABAUAA[OECDOE]CPADABTEASAA]KQBaOE]CPBKABATABa]ZCDOE]CPADABCATABa^BCDOE]CPACABUATABa^RCDOE]CPADABRAVAEBSRAGOE]CPGCAB%fGAVADVOMAHOE]CPGCAB%fGATAF][ICDOE]CPADABAATAF][UCDOE]CPADABVATAF][aCDOE]CPADABGASAJD_WAVOE]CPIKABAUAAaDHCDOE]CPACABTAASABTZ[ATOE]CPFEABAVACDYICDOE]CPACABALTASADCXEASOE]CPFEACASAHaNNADOE]CPGCABAUALS^RCDOE]CPACABETAVAD^B^CDOE]CPAKABGPSASAGHFMABOE]CPCCABAUHGIBQABJOHXVCBABBRAUHKaEQABJOHXVESABBRAUHDBZOABJOHXVGGABBRAUHaHXGABJOHXVA]ABDIAUHEAYPABJOHXVA]ABEGAUHIVCMABJOHXVDKABEGAUHCOFOABJOHXVGVABEGAUHHFIPABJOHXVCRABGTAUHEGQ_ABJOHXVCRABF[AUHHFJ`ABJOHXVF\ABFW
                              Last edited by RobertRehnmark-RawViking; 07-21-2017, 04:53 AM. Reason: link to picture
                              Fenix 3 Sapphire | HRM-Run | Foot Pod | Tempe
                              (Usually on the latest Beta)
                              Hard reset, Service menu, Data Backup, Forced Reinstall

Comment

• Originally posted by RobertRehnmark-RawViking View Post
                                So I have this pretty advanced configuration work-in-progress for Trail Running with most interesting data plus BIG heart rate.
                                I wonder if it's simply too much for my F3 but would like some input if some of you would like to try it.
                                I tried this definition "out of the box" and it crashes with "out of memory" in Fenix3 device simulator, when I started it in FR935 simulator (26kb of more memory vs 16kb on F3) this peaked at 17kb during activity, so this layout is definitely beyond the F3 capabilities. Unfortunately, there's no way to optimize code for old devices (and believe me, I several days trying to do only that), I can only cut some functions out from base code to free memory for data itself as compiled application with empty definition consumes 85% of old devices available memory leaving very little space for experiments. As I was planning to release several versions of the same data field to satisfy the needs of people who want to use different layouts for different activities, I may make some changes for 16kb devices code like leaving only common running or cycling values but for that I need to understand which values are "common". I'll try to experiment with your layout, but do not expect much as I cannot overcome hardware limitations no matter how hard I try.

Comment

Working...
                                X