Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Temps - Widget to show internal temperature as well as data from a Tempe!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to show wich tempe its connected to? Like the name of it.

Comment

Sorry, I don't have access to that in Connect IQ.
      My Connect IQ Apps in the Store
      Facebook - Instagram -
      Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by jim_m_58 View Post
        Sorry, I don't have access to that in Connect IQ.
        Ok, thanks for the quick answer

Comment

Please add ability to calibrate temps readings... my internal sensor is off by -1,3C and since i always check water temperature while i swim it would be nice have a correct reading... It would be much better having a data field with correct temperature reading, but it isn't the right thread to speaking about...

Comment

This really would work, as the sensor is impacted by your own skin temp, so having an accurate "ambient" could vary due to other factors. The watch can be 5-10F higher just due to the fact that you're wearing it, for example. When it comes to using the internal sensor when recording, the FW uses exactly what it sees in the .fit..

If you want more accurate ambient temp, you'll want to use a Tempe.
            Facebook - Instagram -
            Twitter

Comment

I know that, but if I want an accurate reading I just remove from my wrist the watch and I wait about 30-40 minutes... When I swim, body temperature doesn't influence as much temperature reading...so in these 2 cases above, having correct readings is important for me... I don't want always calculate the real temperature by adding +1,3C... It would be much better having correct reading... If you could simply add an offset to your widget, it would be much better!

Comment

The "calibration" can not be changed in CIQ, and the internal reading is what's used in the .fit and the watch's history. 1.3C doesn't strike be that far from the specs for what the sensor might be. Use a Tempe if you want the best ambient temp.
                Facebook - Instagram -
                Twitter

Comment

Ok, doesn't matter

Comment

Works great with my F5. Thanks

Comment

Hello,
                      does the widget use battery to display the temperature from the internal sensor (not the Tempe sensor)?
                      I installed it 2 days ago and the battery seem to drain a little bit faster. I thought that the widget had activated a sensor that before was off since I wasn't using it (I don't know how the whole thing works and this is the idea that came to my mind).
                      I have a Vivoactive hr.
                      Thank you!

Comment

The battery use of the widget only occurs when you can see the widget, and is minimal. The internal sensor is running all the time, even without the widget installed, and with a tempe, it's only listening for tempe data when it's running.
                        Facebook - Instagram -
                        Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by jim_m_58 View Post
                          The battery use of the widget only occurs when you can see the widget, and is minimal. The internal sensor is running all the time, even without the widget installed, and with a tempe, it's only listening for tempe data when it's running.
                          Thank you!
                          and by the way, I forgot to say that it works wonderfully!

Comment

strange...values alternate between three values now on FR935 with the Temps WidGet and on the FR920XT with the cosinuss DataField
                            using the Garmin tempe sensor

Comment

I'm not sure what you are asking. In this widget, it will display two different temps if you have a Tempe - the internal and the value from the Tempe. Are you saying the value for the Tempe isn't the same as in the data field?
                              Last edited by jim_m_58; 02-11-2018, 03:07 PM.
                              Facebook - Instagram -
                              Twitter

Comment

nope...I am not saying that

the value in the widget for the Garmin tempe alternates between three values from the Garmin tempe sensor
                                my understanding was that the value shown in the widget stayed the same and did not alternate

Comment

Working...
                                X