Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade

We’re excited to announce that the Garmin Forums will soon be moving to a new platform that should greatly improve our forum experience for everyone. We will update everyone as more information becomes available.
See more
See less

Watchface: Data Lover

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the option you talk about is not available in the free tier.
    My best Connect IQ apps: Peter's (Race) Pacer, All In One, Data Lover, Mini Dashboard and many more...

@peter.connectiq - Instagram account about my apps
    Connect IQ Fans - Facebook Connect IQ Fan page
    Connect IQ Tutorial - teaches you how to create a connect iq app

Comment

• Love your watch face.

I have a Fenix 5X + and I spend lots of time off the grid. I would love to have field options that don't require an internet connection for update.

I use the weather forecast field when I am not in the wilderness, but when off grid, any fields that require an internet connection would just be a power drain. I would like to be able to use your watch face while off the grid as well. I was wondering if you could add the option to replace the weather forecast field with on-board temperature and Tempe sensor data?

Thanks for your consideration and keep up the great work.

Comment

• I'm very close to the memory limit with this app so not sure if i'll be able to add much more, but i've added a note to my to check list.
        My best Connect IQ apps: Peter's (Race) Pacer, All In One, Data Lover, Mini Dashboard and many more...

Comment

• Originally posted by peterdedecker View Post
          I'm very close to the memory limit with this app so not sure if i'll be able to add much more, but i've added a note to my to check list.
          If not, is it possible to build a similar watch face that isn't dependent on web based data?

Comment

• it's not impossible (but I'm not a big fan of cloning an app), I've added your suggestion to my to check list though.

Comment

• I've setup my latitude and longitude and set override GPS to off but it still thinks I'm in a different country. Any ideas?

Comment

• Likely you forgot to put a minus symbol, eg if you're in the states the longitude there is with a -
                Go to http://www.latlong.net and copy the values as they are rendered there.

Comment

• Value for distance become truncated after 10k and shows only thousands. It will be good to add hundreds as well, e.g. 10.5
                  Last edited by lapset; 02-11-2019, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• I agree it would be useful but it's a matter of space available, at the moment all fields have a predesignated length they can not exceed, when/if I get to implement the field size as dynamic I'll be able to show more data.

Comment

• I wonder if it is possible to charge the right chart of weather shown like below.
                      big weather icon in the chart and small temperature in field 4.
                      it is even better if field 4 can be shown that temperature/probability of rain.

Comment

• bigger weather icons would require too much memory, I'm almost out of available memory in this app.

Comment

• Does it have extra space to add the probability of rain or humidity plus weather icon (like temperture+ weather icon) in field 4?
                          I think the probability of rain rate may useful for go out exercise.
                          Thanks
                          Last edited by cho5380; 02-13-2019, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• I'll add it to my to do list to check how this looks.

Comment

• Hi I have a Garmin 5x The Data Lover app / face has been working great . but over the last week it pulls up Brussels as the location. I have tried the GPS etc but it doesnt seem to correct it. Is there a fix?

Comment

• it sounds like the app might not have updated to the latest version on your watch, do the following to fix:
                                - switch to another watch face
                                - uninstall data lover
                                - reinstall data lover
                                - reapply your settings, for the weather setup follow the directions in FAQ q1 on http://starttorun.info/data-lover

Comment

Working...
                                X