Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade

We’re excited to announce that the Garmin Forums will soon be moving to a new platform that should greatly improve our forum experience for everyone. We will update everyone as more information becomes available.
See more
See less

Watchface: Data Lover

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I posted in another thread one interesting discovery I made in the last 24 hrs regarding the weather is that I used the save location function yesterday, since I did that the GPS weather has stopped drifting, the location on the weather widget now reads the correct location, I allowed the watch to break connection from my Iphone and again the GPS drifted, as soon as I regained Bluetooth connection the location returned correct again, however this only works if you use the save location function, a temporary workaround at least, weather hasn't drifted all day !

Comment

• Hi Peter,
      This watch face is my favorite watch face. it's almost perfect for any information which I need, but if the temperature and cloud icon can switch place that will become wonderful. Because the description of cloud status is too long, it will block the data icon sometimes. I think now the cloud's place can shown today's highest and lowest temperature and now temperature just shown the cloud picture. That all information can perfect present in watch face.

Thanks

Comment

• If you want to prevail the display of the date, then you can put on the option "override field 4" in the app settings and choose a field to display there instead of the weather condition.
        The current weather provider unfortunately does not provide the ability to fetch today's low and high temp.
        My best Connect IQ apps: Peter's (Race) Pacer, All In One, Data Lover, Mini Dashboard and many more...

@peter.connectiq - Instagram account about my apps
        Connect IQ Fans - Facebook Connect IQ Fan page
        Connect IQ Tutorial - teaches you how to create a connect iq app

Comment

• Originally posted by peterdedecker View Post
          If you want to prevail the display of the date, then you can put on the option "override field 4" in the app settings and choose a field to display there instead of the weather condition.
          The current weather provider unfortunately does not provide the ability to fetch today's low and high temp.
          Thanks for your information. Now, it can show the cloud and data icon at the same time, but I personally would prefer the big cloud icon and small temperature indication.

Comment

• There seems to be an issue with the lengths of the weather text. The space above the time is completely filled by the weather icon and text “light intensity shower rain’. So now the day and date are not displayed anymore? Also the city (under the temperature) is displaying just the text “Gemeente”. I think this was displaying just ‘Horst’ before (place where I live The Netherlands).

Comment

• Both the city and the weather condition are coming from the weather provider which are indeed longer with the new weather provider (openweathermap), it might be an option if I store the weather condition texts in the watch face itself, but I'm not sure if I have sufficient memory left for that. I'll add it to my to do to check it.
              My best Connect IQ apps: Peter's (Race) Pacer, All In One, Data Lover, Mini Dashboard and many more...

Comment

• The issue with the weather city is that it seems to retrieve the name of the ‘gemeente’ instead of the name of the city/place I live in. It now displays ‘Gemeente Ho’, with only h half an ‘o’. I live in the ‘gemeente’ ‘Gemeente Horst aan de Maas’, but the place I live in is ‘Horst’.

Comment

• Yes I understand, In the next release I'll throw away "Gemeente" and "Arrondisement" from what is returned to me so that you have a sensible name viewable for "Gemeente Horst Aan de Maas" and "Arrondisement Brussel". Might be a few weeks before I release this version as there are some other things I want to take along.

Comment

• For people with a vivoactive 3 that are facing the gps drift issue ( a Garmin firmware bug ) I've added an option to stick to the lat/long in the app settings.

To activate this setting:

- upgrade to data lover 7.1 (in case upgrade does not succeed: switch to other watch face, uninstall data lover, reinstall data lover)

- in the app settings enter the lat/long of your location (use the format as provided by http://www.latlong.net )

- in the app settings set the option Allow Gps Override to Off

Comment

• Many thanks for this option !!

Do you think in the futur, add max and min temperature of the expected day ?

Last edited by Arcorange; 02-05-2019, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• The current weather provider does not provide this data.

Comment

• Hi, is it possible to turn off the bottom chart?

Comment

• there are several options for the bottom chart to graph something else, but turning it off isn't an option. Why would you want to turn it off?

Comment

there are several options for the bottom chart to graph something else, but turning it off isn't an option. Why would you want to turn it off?
                              Just to create more room on the screen.

Comment

... The current weather provider unfortunately does not provide the ability to fetch today's low and high temp.
                                Hi Peter, have a look here Might be an option in the forecast api to get the daily high and low temp ..
                                https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ure-of-the-day

Comment

Working...
                                X