No announcement yet.

Application: dwMap - Route Maps for Vivoactive and other watches

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Benson1970 View Post
    Installed routeCourse on my Edge 1000 and synched it with my Android phone. Even managed to copy a Strava route to it successfully. The issue I have is every time I launch the IQ app it asks me again to enter the authentication code despite my Garmin already being registered.
    Drop me an email at info@dynamic,watch for our suggested workaround. This started happening with a recent firmware upgrade on the Edge 1000 and although we cannot see any reason for it, we can work around it.
    Mappicus info@dynamic.watch
    Developer of dwMap and routeCourse Connect IQ apps
    Winner Garmin Connect IQ Developer Award: dwMap, Best Wearable Smart App

Comment

• Wonderful app!

However, I'm wondering whether there is an option use Garmin's training plan functionality (= I get beeps & vibrations for intervals and other workouts) while simultaneously having dwMap to run an unknown route?
      (I'm using a FR 235 btw)

(If not, I will in the future run an unknown route with dwMap a few times and memorize it, and then the next time, run it with the training function.
      Or try to memorize the workout details: that would be better!)

Update: I simply write the workout instructions on a paper and put it in a tiny plastic bag. Now I can use dwMap at all times!
      Plus buying Premium since I would like turn-by-turn
      Last edited by Asgaro; 09-09-2017, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• Hi Asgaro, glad you like the dwMap app! On the watch platform only one app can be running at once so unfortunately you cannot use, say, the built-in Run or Ride app at the same time as dwMap. We'd love to add more features like that within our app, but unfortunately there is not enough memory, nor enough CPU speed, to add additional features like training plan notifications to the core features of dwMap, such as the route display and (in Premium) turn-by-turn instructions.
        Last edited by SUSSAMB; 09-11-2017, 02:15 AM. Reason: Please try not to quote the post directly above yours, it's unnecessary and just clutters up the thread, thanks.

Comment

• Feature request: ignore certain zoom levels from showing up.

I like to use the Z2 zoom level the majority of the time, but I also like to see my first data-fields-display from time to time.
          So to switch between these 2 windows I have to do 2 button-up or button-down presses each time.
          It would be helpful if I can disable Z1 and Z3 so 1 button press would suffice.

Comment

• Thanks for the suggestion for dwMap Asgaro. However, we have to very careful in selecting new features to add to the app, because the watch platform offers very little memory to each app, and we are already using nearly all of what is available to us. So even adding a small bit of code to allow selected zoom levels is too expensive in terms of memory. There are a number of frequently-requested features that would be relatively easy to implement, for example, but which there is not enough memory for.
            Last edited by SUSSAMB; 09-11-2017, 02:15 AM. Reason: Please try not to quote the post directly above yours, it's unnecessary and just clutters up the thread, thanks.

Comment

• Hello,
              When you are making a route, is it possible to save intermediate points and then return to a specific one?
              Very good application!!!
              Great job!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RafaEA View Post
                Hello,
                When you are making a route, is it possible to save intermediate points and then return to a specific one?
                Very good application!!!
                Great job!!!
                Glad you like dwMap! If you have our Premium option then you can create waypoints as well as a route, and you can choose to have the app guide you to one of your waypoints instead of to follow the route. This is useful for geocaching for example. See https://dynamic.watch/help/premium#waypoints for more info.

Comment

• Thanks for answering so fast. If I have seen "https://dynamic.watch/help/premium#waypoins" but I think this is for planned routes. My problem is that if you are on an unknown route (unplanned), I know that sw can go to the starting point, but ... Can you create intermediate points (waypoins) and go to them ??

Comment

• Originally posted by RafaEA View Post
                    Thanks for answering so fast. If I have seen "https://dynamic.watch/help/premium#waypoins" but I think this is for planned routes. My problem is that if you are on an unknown route (unplanned), I know that sw can go to the starting point, but ... Can you create intermediate points (waypoins) and go to them ??
                    It's not setup so that you can drop a waypoint at the current spot and then later go to it. We're quite cramped on memory, and although that's a frequent request I am not sure whether it is feasible to add it. There's a good workaround though: assuming you have cell signal, it's easy to change the route in the (mobile friendly) web route Planner during an activity. So you could add a waypoint at a new spot to the current or to an all new route, or create a new route to a new destination, then hit Refresh in the dwMap app's menu to get it, and the new route and/or waypoints are immediately ready for use in your current activity.

Comment

Working...
                    X