Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues with Connect online and mobile display of data provided by FitContributor

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with Connect online and mobile display of data provided by FitContributor

Hello,

I am developing a datafield, it's late beta, could be published, but I encountered several issues with the display of data in Connect provided by FitContributor.
    The datafield uses a couple of Fields with different message type to write data into the fit file of the activity.
    While it seems that the data is written correctly, the display of the data is partly broken or wrong in Connect online and Connect mobile.
    In one or the other app language is wrong (the datafield supports english as default and german language), or in one data is missing while it is present in the other, one displays String data correctly, the other shows Number instead, and so on...
    Please review the screenshots I made, I have commented them.

Connect mobile is iOS version 3.22.2.8, just updated from previous Version, Activity was synced with previous version.

Thanks.
    Connect online activity screen Connect online lap data Connect mobile activity screen
    Last edited by Coleman.ConnectIQ; 10-03-2017, 02:41 PM.
    Datafields: HRZMon (vaHR only), HRZMon+, TRIMP-Meter

Thank you for the report! I've got the ticket passed onto to the GCM and Connect Team(s).

Thanks again,
    -Coleman

Comment

I've posted the same issue several month ago...
      fitContributor
      Devices: Forerunner 405, Vivoactive & Virb X & XE
      GitHub: Read diagnostic system via Bluetooth
      YouTube: My channel
      App: Stretch

Comment

Thanks for pointing this out, HerrRiebmann.

So these are important bugs that are known since nearly one year and "...the fix that is needed is not in the hands of the Connect IQ team at this time."

Taken from "Known issues Thread", dated 11.09.2016:
        FitContributor Garmin Connect Display Issues: We are aware of several different reports of FitContributor data either not displaying in Garmin Connect or changes made from version to version not being displayed in Garmin Connect. Unfortunately it seems that the fix that is needed is not in the hands of the Connect IQ team at this time. We understand that this is a big reason to build on our platform and are continuing to try and gain traction on this issue.

It's somehow frustrating to put a lot of efford building something useful for Garmin users to finally find out that it will not work as expected.

Comment

Hey,

I see that you are using something to calculate TRIMP. There are a few apps in the store designed for this. Can you let me know which one you were using? The Connect team is looking at this ticket right now.

Thanks,
          -Coleman

Comment

Hello Coleman.

It's the datafield TRIMP-Meter

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X