Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade

We’re excited to announce that the Garmin Forums will soon be moving to a new platform that should greatly improve our forum experience for everyone. We will update everyone as more information becomes available.
See more
See less

CIQ App titles are cut off in the store (on desktop)

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIQ App titles are cut off in the store (on desktop)

When you browse apps.garmin.com with a full-screen desktop browser, the app titles are cut off after about 10 characters, almost to the point where it's very hard to distinguish similarly-named apps except from the icons and the dev name. Try searching for Heart rate...

It's even worse if you have multiple similar or "cloned" apps from the same dev. I have four clones of the same app, and I can't even tell which one is which, on desktop.

IMO, this makes it very hard to search for apps with common names.

On mobile [tablet or phone] or on a desktop browser with a narrow window, the layout changes so you can read full titles, even very long ones.

Maybe the tiles could be bigger? On the mobile layout, there's only 1 per row, and on the desktop layout, there's 6 per row, which theoretically shows you a lot of information, but almost everyapp title is cut off.

e.g. If I search for "heart" in the app store, only 6 out of 30 apps have fully visible titles.
    https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/search?q=heart

If I search for "heart rate", that number goes down to 2.

Edit: I had to edit this post a dozen times before it would be accepted by the forum....
Working...
X