Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CIQ App titles are cut off in the store (on desktop)

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIQ App titles are cut off in the store (on desktop)

When you browse apps.garmin.com with a full-screen desktop browser, the app titles are cut off after about 10 characters, almost to the point where it's very hard to distinguish similarly-named apps except from the icons and the dev name. Try searching for Heart rate...

It's even worse if you have multiple similar or "cloned" apps from the same dev. I have four clones of the same app, and I can't even tell which one is which, on desktop.

IMO, this makes it very hard to search for apps with common names.

On mobile [tablet or phone] or on a desktop browser with a narrow window, the layout changes so you can read full titles, even very long ones.

Maybe the tiles could be bigger? On the mobile layout, there's only 1 per row, and on the desktop layout, there's 6 per row, which theoretically shows you a lot of information, but almost everyapp title is cut off.

e.g. If I search for "heart" in the app store, only 6 out of 30 apps have fully visible titles.
    https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/search?q=heart

If I search for "heart rate", that number goes down to 2.

Edit: I had to edit this post a dozen times before it would be accepted by the forum....
Working...
X