HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)
* switched to new SDK 4.1.5
* added devices: Edge Explore 2, Venu Sq 2, Venu Sq 2 Music Edition
* switched to new SDK 4.1.3
* added devices: Instinct 2S / Solar / Dual Power, D2 Air X10, D2 Mach 1, Descent G1 / G1 Solar,
Edge 1040 / 1040 Solar, Forerunner 255, Forerunner 255 Music, Forerunner 255s, Forerunner 255s Music, Forerunner 955 / Solar, Instinct 2 / Solar / Dual Power / dezl Edition
* fixed crash when windspeed was not available from device
* switched to new SDK 4.0.9
* added devices: D2 Air, Descent MK2/MK2i, Descent Mk2S, Enduro, epix Gen2, Fenix 7, Fenix 7S, Fenix 7X, Forerunner 55, Forerunner 945 LTE, Venu2, Venu2 Plus,
Venus 2S, Venu Sq, Venu Sq Music,

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• Hi

I uploaded 1.1.6 about an hour ago. You should already see it in the store.

I dont see any screenshot (-:

But a little misalignment is not avoidable, because the fonts are not the real ones, only similar ones.

regards

Erich

• I can't upload the image. There comes always an error. I uploaded the screenshot into my dropbox. 

www.dropbox.com/.../ui.JPG

I  checked the store again, but in the text is still linked the 1.1.4. I tried several browsers and cleaned the cache.

• Hi

You will have to change the windows font size (DPI settings to 100%) for the executable. I already know about this bug, but was not able to fix it yet.

You can set it for every executable explicitly, so you dont have to change to general windows font settings!

regards

Erich

• Hi Yes. That's exactly what I'm doing hopefully the screen captures attached will explain. I've just seen post below so will reply to him too

DIY 282x470

DIY 281x469

• Hi Thanks for the reply.

I use both Timer Time & Elapsed Time as one keeps running from activity start to the end, where the other stops/starts when you auto pause/resume the timer.

Thanks for adding my other suggestions to your to do list too

I'm not sure what's happening with the filled rectangle behaviour as I've seen 's post above, who doesn't seem to have a problem with a rectangle of those dimensions. I attached some screen capture links to my reply to him showing how it's behaving on my computer. Maybe extending the clipping, will resolve it for me too

• Hmm, I have no idea what causes this. Maybe the clipping window which is the screen resolution of the device. I will increase the clipping window by 2-3px in the next release hope this fixes the issue.

regards

Erich

• Strange and mysterious!

I can offer you to post your XML, so I can load. Maybe there is another reason for that we don‘t think at.

Edit:

I‘ve just noticed you have stroke set to 2.  Is that the reason?

Edit 2:

Maybe your rectangle does not turn to black but vanish completely. You can check by checking ‚highlight chosen elements’ - does it turn to red?

Edit 3:

I‘ve just tested a filled rectangle with stroke=2 (which can be forced by cloning a line with stroke=2 and altering it to RF) over the entire screen - and beyond. Stays white!

Edit 4:  (sorry - my brain works slowly...)

You can make a new project only setting the rectangle for checking if your problem depends on other elements.

• Your TODO LIST contains: renaming timer time to elapsed time. I think it is ok as it is now. Timer time counts the time of an activity excluding pause. During pause the counter stands still. And that‘s what it does in your app.

Elapsed time is a new to create variable which counts the time from the beginning to the end of the activity- including pause.

And please add curr. Lap distance, too.

Let me say Thank You for that wounderful work. I enjoy it really!

•  states in the neighbour thread:

>>>When I stop my activity and than continue it, the first second after continuiing all variables have zero value, after 1 second I see my activity data to be continued.

I checked on my Edge, which has 2 sorts of pause:

-Autopause: kicks in automatically if speed becomes 0. With such a pause the above described problem doesn‘t exist.

-Pause by pressing the Start/Stop-Button: I can confirm the described 0000-behaviour for the first second of restart.

• Today I did my first real little roundtrip in the woods testing my layout made with HM DIY - without loading a course.

I designed my "standard layout" for my bio-MTB-bike. And I think it's worth to show you what is possible with that wounderful IQ-app.

In these days it is my playground to find out what is possible. The above showed layout consits of about 90 elements. I have to admit that the sectional dynamic colored arcs are more a gimmick than real necessary, but it shows the nearly unlimited possibilities.

The arcs can have the following states:

The both arcs are built of 25 elements, among them 6 dynamic color-schemes, 12 dyn.colored graphic elements.

And the device works stable and without crash! Unbelievable!

And the best of all:
    All works verry well - I have no complaints.

Ok - maby one small:
    The first seconds after starting the activity the gradient shows funny values like 156 % or -230 %.
    Of course this is a absolutely normal behaviour because the distance increments are very small and the barometer has to adapt. But maybe HN can set limiters on above 30 and below -30 %.
    But - it is no must - for me it is ok as it is.

Many thanks to  one more time!
    It is fantastic!