HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)
* switched to new SDK 4.1.5
* added devices: Edge Explore 2, Venu Sq 2, Venu Sq 2 Music Edition
* switched to new SDK 4.1.3
* added devices: Instinct 2S / Solar / Dual Power, D2 Air X10, D2 Mach 1, Descent G1 / G1 Solar,
Edge 1040 / 1040 Solar, Forerunner 255, Forerunner 255 Music, Forerunner 255s, Forerunner 255s Music, Forerunner 955 / Solar, Instinct 2 / Solar / Dual Power / dezl Edition
* fixed crash when windspeed was not available from device
* switched to new SDK 4.0.9
* added devices: D2 Air, Descent MK2/MK2i, Descent Mk2S, Enduro, epix Gen2, Fenix 7, Fenix 7S, Fenix 7X, Forerunner 55, Forerunner 945 LTE, Venu2, Venu2 Plus,
Venus 2S, Venu Sq, Venu Sq Music,

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• Ok!

Will try tomorrow (now it's near midnight here in Austria)

Good night!

• In Denmark, too :-)

Goodnight.

• Hi

@: if you mean with elapsed time, the time since the activity has started, this is "timer time". I will rename it as I think too that it is a confusing name.

Added current lap time to my list.

Dynamically coloring fixed text is a little bit trickier, but will try to add it.

Adding text to time fields already works, will try to extend it to all value fields.

I added a clipping rectangle around every devices visible area, I will extend it by 2-3 pixels, I think this is the problem with the rectangle.

regards

Erich

• There is a new version 1.1.5 for the datafield!

mcinner1 found a bug where the datafield crashed when using time to destination.

Because of the memory optimizations in the last version I had to rework a part of the code and there I had a little typo which caused the crash. But should be fixed now!

regards

Erich

• After a little interlude I have now tested your layout on my Edge.
    However, I had to make some changes to your XML
    I couldn't load your layout originally. (Yellow Triangle of Death!)
    "Nr of values" was set to 2 for several text elements and unnecessarily for value elements.
    I don't know if this was the only fault.
    So the layout shown doesn't quite match yours.

"Time to Dastination" is displayed correctly!
    By the formatting $M:$S however in minutes - 107:13.

• Hi

I have found a problem with the values for nextpoint and destination. I simply forgot to decrease by elapsed distance )-:

Will be fixed in next version!

As this isn't a blocker bug I will wait a while for the next release.

EDIT: I dug a little into this problem and it seems that the SDK is providing wrong values for distancetoDestination and distanceToNextPoint on some devices.

I dont know if the values should be decreased by the SDK or me, but from the name I would expect that the value is decreased automatically, also for next point because I dont know where the last point was, do I?

I dont know what the values should be and how to calculate them.

regards

Erich

• Due to the optimizations one more thing came up, performance issues. So I had to revert some of the changes to get rid of this issues -> thus I uploaded a new version 1.1.6

Sorry for that many updates, but monkey C coding with this limited memory is a pain in the a...

lg

Erich

• I really appreciate all your work.

• As Erich writes below I expect it's an unit issue.

• Hi,
    first, many thanks for your development of a new diy. I'm using a FR935 and at the moment I'm on the datafield from easuvorov.
    I tried to test your new datafield. But where I can download the lastest version 1.1.6? In the Garmin store still 1.1.4 is linked.
    With 1.1.4 I have a misalignment in the editor. Please see following screenshot. Please check what's wrong.
    Thanks in advance.
    Christian