TidalFlow (widget)

Official Support and Feedback thread for TidalFlow (widget)

IMPORTANT - iOS users:

A bug introduced in version 4.22 of the iOS Connect app prevents app settings from being applied.

Garmin has released a hotfix for the iOS Connect app version 4.22.2.

Please update your Connect app through the iOS app store.

More can be read about the bug here

and the hotfix here

Parents
  • Fair Usage Policy

TidalFlow is a community funded project and relies on donations in order to provide a relatively free service to everyone.
    Without your contributions it won't be possible to sustain TidalFlow, so any contributions will be highly appreciated: PayPal

In order to prevent abuse and keep operational costs low, I had put a fair usage policy in place that works as follows:

You are allowed to make a total of 3 changes per day to the following 3 settings:

- GPS coordinates
     - Datum and
     - Station distance

Always make as many changes in one go to limit the number of requests. For example, if you would like to change the coordinates AND the Datum, then change them both at the same time before applying or saving the changes. One save will count towards one request and therefor counts 1 towards your daily quota. When saving the coordinates and datum and station distance changes separately, each will count 1 and you will reach your quota much quicker. Avoid unnecessary requests by carefully combining all the changes into one save.

If you need to test the datum and coordinates first before saving them to TidalFlow, or you would like to confirm the data that will be delivered based on these settings, I would recommend you first test them using the WorldTides website. Testing within TidalFlow will unnecessarily exhaust your daily quota, after which you will only be able to refresh data the following day.
    Once you're happy that the data you receive for your location and the chosen datum, you can configure them all at once in TidalFlow settings.
    Once saved, a single request is executed and counts 1 towards your daily quota of 3.

Once you've hit your quota, TidalFlow will display a brief notification saying that you've exceeded the daily quota, and a red exclamation mark will indicate that the data currently being displayed is out of sync with regards to the latest changes. 
    TidalFlow will only be able to refresh data again at 00:00 am the following day (local time).

I reserve the right to reduce the quota at any time I see fit. Please respect this and help prevent me from having to apply stricter quotas.

• Fair Usage Policy

TidalFlow is a community funded project and relies on donations in order to provide a relatively free service to everyone.
    Without your contributions it won't be possible to sustain TidalFlow, so any contributions will be highly appreciated: PayPal

In order to prevent abuse and keep operational costs low, I had put a fair usage policy in place that works as follows:

You are allowed to make a total of 3 changes per day to the following 3 settings:

- GPS coordinates
     - Datum and
     - Station distance

Always make as many changes in one go to limit the number of requests. For example, if you would like to change the coordinates AND the Datum, then change them both at the same time before applying or saving the changes. One save will count towards one request and therefor counts 1 towards your daily quota. When saving the coordinates and datum and station distance changes separately, each will count 1 and you will reach your quota much quicker. Avoid unnecessary requests by carefully combining all the changes into one save.

If you need to test the datum and coordinates first before saving them to TidalFlow, or you would like to confirm the data that will be delivered based on these settings, I would recommend you first test them using the WorldTides website. Testing within TidalFlow will unnecessarily exhaust your daily quota, after which you will only be able to refresh data the following day.
    Once you're happy that the data you receive for your location and the chosen datum, you can configure them all at once in TidalFlow settings.
    Once saved, a single request is executed and counts 1 towards your daily quota of 3.

Once you've hit your quota, TidalFlow will display a brief notification saying that you've exceeded the daily quota, and a red exclamation mark will indicate that the data currently being displayed is out of sync with regards to the latest changes. 
    TidalFlow will only be able to refresh data again at 00:00 am the following day (local time).

I reserve the right to reduce the quota at any time I see fit. Please respect this and help prevent me from having to apply stricter quotas.

Children