Increased memory usage with new SDK and old devices?

I've got a datafield that was last built for SDK 3.0.11 which supports a large range of devices, from CIQ 1 to CIQ 3.

Recently I've had some requests to update it for Fenix 6. I built the same datafield with SDK 3.1.6, and I noticed that the memory usage for older devices such as FR230 increased slightly, even though FR230 does not support CIQ 3.

Specifically, according to the sim, the size of the view object grew by 12 bytes, and the size of the API callbacks dictionary grew by 108 bytes.

IMO, 120 bytes is a huge amount of memory for CIQ 1 (and even CIQ 2) datafield, for (apparently) absolutely no change in functionality.

In order to make any changes to my datafield (such as adding new devices or new features), it seems I have to build for all devices and deploy a new version that will increase memory usage on older devices, even though not one line of code is changing for those older devices.

I'd like to be able to update my app without breaking it on older devices and/or worrying about retesting everything. Is there any way for me to include older builds for certain devices in the IQ package? I have a feeling the answer is "no", as the manifest file is signed, so it doesn't seem like I will be able to manually pick and choose device PRGs built by different SDKs.

If the answer is to create a new version of my app on the store, I'm not sure I want to do that. That option is okay (not great) for completely new devices, but it causes a problem for existing (new-ish) devices that I want to update with new features -- those devices will have to get new app in the store as well, for the same reason, and it's pain to tell the whole user base that they have to download a new app instead of updating the one they already have.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!