How to create a PolyLine from a course stored on the device?

Hi,

I can´t seem to figure out how to create a PolyLine object from a course stored on the device while this seems the most basic use of the PolyLine class.

What I tried:

- You can create an empty PolyLine and then add locations 1 by 1

- But there seems to be no way to access the locations for any stored course. You only can get the name and the ID but actually not do anything useful with it. I don´t get what these persistence API is for. What would I want with an "Id" if I can´t even read the contents of a stored item (e.g. the locations of a course to create a PolyLine to be rendered on a MapView)

And then I wonder: If locations can´t be accessed, how would anyone make use of PolyLine at all past simple programming demos showing the hardcoded location of demo-guys own office?

And given all that open questions above I wonder how Garmin could program all their default navigations apps? Obviously not by using their own SDK, or?

Sorry for my frustration. But either I am missing something very basic or this whole SDK doesn`t make a lot of sense :(

• The info you are looking for on courses is not available in CIQ.  The default navigation apps are not written in CIQ, and are part of the firmware, and can access info that's not available in CIQ.

You can use a polyline for other things, where for example, an app could download it's own list of locations and draw those. 

• Thank you.

I just wonder why I would download a track if its already stored on the device? An "outdoor device" which at time of usage probably is unconnected due to lack of coverage.

Is there any rationale for this?

And why can it store courses then in the first place, if they cant be read?

This doesn´t seem to make any sense...

• With CIQ you can download a course, and then using exitTo() launch a native app that can use it.  This allows downloading a course from something other than garmin connect.

• I mean "downloading a course to the device" I usually do at home with proper network.

But rendering a course for an ongoing activity I am doing out there without coverage. So the first thing I would like to render is the course I pre-loaded at home which is now stored on device.

But I understand that Garmin didn´t foresee this most straight forward use case for whatever reasons :(