How to store special events during activity to review them later

I am currently developing an app for hobbyist pilots for the garmin fenix 5. The app does what I need to do during my PPL training and that is:

* Recording Block-Off, Takeoff, Touchdown, Block-On Time (on a button press)

* Store the timestamps for each touchdown (on another button press)

So far it works as expected, it tracks the activity using GPS and I can press the buttons to store Block-Off, Block-On and Takeoff times.

Yet, I have an issue with Touchdown times as those can happen multiple times. What you would usually do is to record the time of each touchdown and increment a counter. Yet, I would like to be able to review these times directly on the watch, e.g. through a menu item. Is there anything built in I can use? Would the Add Lap method do what I want? Is there some other way how I can do this?

• You could use Session.addLap() to add a lap marker. That would work and it would allow you to see the split for each 'lap' (the time between each touchdown) directly on the watch as well as in Garmin Connect.

You might also be able to use the functionality from the FitContributor module to insert data into the FIT file stream, but you won't be able to view this on the watch.