Picker bug?

I am using the code in Garmin's Picker example.

In the Sim (for the 1030), there's a delete/cancel button in the magenta circle but no text. There's no text but it works (the code delete the char when it is pressed).

On the real 1030, there is no button. There's no way of cancelling the picker.

Seems like a bug.

• On the real device, does "back" back you out of the picker?  That's what I see on other devices.

• Back?

You mean the back arrow at the bottom of the screen?

If so, there isn't one.

The invisible button works sort-of like a back button. But only on the Sim. And it's invisible.

• Don´t mind about that! I got a similar issue on my VA3 and posted it two years ago.

Since then, nothing changes! There is a nice number picker in all native garmin apps, but as you use the custom number picker, the first number will not be shown untl you swipe up or down. The numbers are cropped. You can see the "OK" but need to scroll horizontally (without changing the places) to press it.

Ugly, unusable, slow, only every 2nd or 3rd tap changes a value...

Use the mobile App to change the values! These settings has also been screwed up, but since the last Connect Mobile Android update, these were back again :)

• I have received a 2 star review because the picker (from the SDK example code) doesn't work on a VA3!!! It works fine on the simlulator.

I posted a thread about it in the old forum. I have no idea whether anything has been fixed or not.

SOLUTION: Remove support for the VA3, re-compile and upload. And don't look back.

• It is done. I have now removed support Vivoactive 3 and Vivoactive 3 Music for my app due to the Garmin picker code working on the simulator, but not on actual devices.

• Sad that this is the only solution. But after 2,5 years I still don´t expect any changes about it.
    It could have been so easy to change the custom number picker to the new dial-plate-like from native apps. Or just fix the current one like the simulator makes you think how it looks like...

One of the (many) reasons, I stopped developing CIQ Apps. Reporting obvious bugs years ago and you are getting successfully ignored Bow tone1

• Or you could innovate and come up with your own picker...I've done that for my TidalFlow widget, specifically for the va3.

And it works a charm.

• I agree with HermoT, do your own picker/component. Same issue with the progress bar there is some monthes ago. Working fine in simulator but not in real device.

Using Garmin component save memory, but are not free of bug, and you don t manage the look n feel.

I use only the confirmation dialog for two apps very close to the memory limit.

• The whole point of the emulator is to allow testing of apps without having to own every Garmin CIQ device.

It has become clear that developers cannot trust the emulator to function exactly the same as the real device.

• One could create a custom dialog, but I have no assurance that it will work on a real device, even if it works in the emulator. This is the dilemma. What can you do if you cannot trust the emulator?