DataField onTap()

Did any of you try to configure an InputDelegate with Data Field ?
I am able to make it work using the simulator, but it does not work if I copy the .prg on my vivoactive3 music.

To troubleshoot, I have added simple System.println() statement. I can see onTap() is never called on the watch, but is called using the Simulator...
  • MirGar I think you may have posted this in the wrong thread, but to answer your question, AppBuilder cannot write to native fields like distance or speed, and even if it could, Garmin does currently ignores native fields that are written by CIQ apps.

- If you really want to see/record your distance with every lap, you could use a second AppBuilder instance with a formula such as:

LapCount * 20
    or
    LapCount *.020

But I'm not sure how helpful that is.
  • Thank you FlowState for your answer. Regarding wrong thread -you are right. It was my first post and Im still quite disorientated how all works here
    LapCount * 20
    or
    LapCount *.020 will work to knowdistance in the water but it will not record this in the activity distance and I still have to replace zero distance on the phone in the activity.
    Can be written new app which will record distance in the manner I need? With each lap button will write 20 into distance. If yes I will try to look closer in this. Maybe you can help me with some link where to find some information? Thank you for your help.
  • , this issue has been resolved as of our 3.1.7 SDK release. Please let us know if this is still an issue, thank you.

• How is the status on this feature? Would love for it to be available.