SimpleDataField returning 8 -eight- chars freezes Forerunner!!

Forerunner 735XT with 2-up data field (may also crash other configurations)
See attached project

But to reproduce
1. create simpledatafield
2. return "12345678"
3. add data field to a 2-up screen on a 735XT (may affect more)
4. entire session crashes with no exceptions thrown

result - activity and entire watch freezes with no errors in logs. no CIQ_LOG etc
8 digits seems to be the next stage for fonts sizing so I'm guessing it's something within the rendering?

This is such a simple bug it's stopping me returning something as simple as a time 12:34:56
  • It took me hours to isolate this bug too! I was thinking it was a memory issue so I rewrote the entire code before I stumbled across this being the bug! doh.

Anyways just to follow up, I've tested across 9.20 and 9.30 on a real 735XT and it's in both. Only present as well in the 2-up display. 3-up it works ok, 1-up works ok, 2-up...crashes
  • I've made a ticket for the device team.

Thanks,
    - Coleman
  • Any fix for this yet? I’ve seen it across various connect IQ apps. Often the watch crashes and it can be a while on a long run before you notice losing a significant portion of an activity, so for me this is a critical bug that needs fixed. Especially when it’s been nearly a year!

• any chance of an update on this? it's still present on the 735XT as well as the 245 

• Hey. I was taking a look at this today on the 245 and I'm not reproducing it. I've tried device and sim on this one. I think the transfer from the old forums to the new might have lost the attached project. Would you be willing to reattach it here? Based on the movement on new devices and how resources are allocated, I'm not thinking that it's likely going to make its way to the 735XT at this point, but I have been wrong on that in the past. We'll try to make sure it's fixed or doesn't happen with devices moving forward.