makeOAuthRequest - Google SignIn - disallowed_useragent

Hi there,

I know its not really a bug, but for sure its a problem.
When trying to make an oauth request with the google signin api you get an error page that says "disallowed_useragent".
The problem is that google no longer allows the sign in with webViews --> https://developers.googleblog.com/2016/08/modernizing-oauth-interactions-in-native-apps.html

Does anybody know if it planned to update the connect mobile app?
Does anybody have a workaround for this?

Thanks alot.
Parents
  • Hi All,

Do you have some update on this? Can we do some workaround? Maybe send some additional headers in makeOAuthRequest().

Or is the only solution to have separate android companion app and login there and don't use makeOAuthRequest() with Garmin Connect Mobile? With Connect IQ simulator all works fine.

I believe there can be many helpful watch apps that are reading/writing data from google sheets

Thank you

• Hi All,

Do you have some update on this? Can we do some workaround? Maybe send some additional headers in makeOAuthRequest().

Or is the only solution to have separate android companion app and login there and don't use makeOAuthRequest() with Garmin Connect Mobile? With Connect IQ simulator all works fine.

I believe there can be many helpful watch apps that are reading/writing data from google sheets

Thank you

Children
No Data