PDA

View Full Version : Question on courses

JAWAZ
08-18-2009, 02:18 AM
I have a question on courses and the 310xt. I have a circular route that I run. If I record one lap of this and make it a course for the next time I go run/cycle it, if the next time, I run twice (or more) around the course, will it record each lap of the course as a lap automatically? Or do I need to record for example 2 laps of the route as 1 course in order to be able to correctly use the course as 2 laps next time? Hope that is clear?

I guess what I want to do is take the fastest lap and use that as my virtual partner each time I run/cycle the path but at the same time run more than one lap.

Any thoughts much appreciated. thanks.

SEILOGRAMP
08-18-2009, 03:16 AM
You may be over-thinking this. When you run against a virtual partner that is doing a course that you create, you're just running the same course.

MELZORRO
08-18-2009, 05:01 AM
As far as I know, you can't create cources with circles covering the same track.
When you want to measure more than 1 round the best way is to look at your lap pace/speed.

You can achieve this with a custom interval workout.
You can also set the pace of your virtual partner, but I like the workout option.

SEILOGRAMP
08-18-2009, 05:39 AM
As far as I know, you can't create cources with circles covering the same track.

You can create a course from anything regardless of pattern. If you ran it, it's in your history, you can make a course from it. Or maybe I'm not understanding your comment. Of course, I'm not understanding anything about this thread at this point. The more I read the OP's post, the more confused I become. :confused:;)

MELZORRO
08-18-2009, 05:52 AM
I hope I understood JAWAZ. I think he want's to run circles in a certain pace.

JAWAZ, can you comment on this?

And yes you can create a cource from anything. But if you have the same waypoint in your track the watch will be clueless if this is the first or the last time you pass that point.

JAWAZ
08-19-2009, 02:25 AM
Thanks - yes - you are right, I have a circular route and I want to run/bike round it, trying to beat my best pace using the virtual partner. There seem to be so many options to do this and I'm trying to figure out the most "automated/efficient" way of doing this. Maybe I am overcomplicating things!

NDURANCERIDER
08-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Even if the course will work for multiple laps, you won't get an automatic update of the VP speed based on the previous lap.

I would suggest you set up an advanced (custom) workout.

You would have a repeating step with an Open target. This means the lap continues until you press the lap key. (The verbiage is a little different if you set it up in Training Center vs on the Unit.) Then you repeat that step as many times as you think you might want to do the circuit.

Set the Target for your step so that the VP pace will line up with your fastest speed. The target takes a range and the VP will take its pace as the middle point of that range. You really want a range here because if you don't, the unit will constantly tell you to speed up or slow down because the alerts are based on the average pace for that step.

When you pass the starting point during your run, press the lap button. That will reset the VP to your chosen pace and off you go again.

When you have a better pace you are wanting to beat, just edit the custom workout for the next time you run it. And if you have different speed/pace targets for bike vs run, just have 2 workouts that are identical except for the pace that you want to keep.

April

JAWAZ
08-21-2009, 03:21 AM
Thanks April - I'll give it a go and post my thoughts.