PDA

View Full Version : Hr strap for 310XT/Ergomo Pro

SKIINGTRUMPETER
08-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Anyone know if there is a HR strap that works with the 310XT and Ergomo Pro power meter? The Ergomo is polar compatible but won't recognise the Garmin strap and the Garmin doesn't work with my polar strap. Is there a 3rd party strap that will do the job?
Thanks!

t_smit
08-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Haven't heard of, or seen, any such thing. By "Polar compatible" do you mean it's an EM coil transmitter type or is it compatible with their W.I.N.D 2.4 GHz system?

SKIINGTRUMPETER
08-18-2009, 01:34 AM
The ergomo doesn't recognize the WIND strap but works with the older strap supplied with S725X etc. This strap also interfaces with most gym equipment

t_smit
08-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Heart rate straps are generally designed on a pretty tight power, size, and cost budget and having dual transmitters would violate all three...

However, you should start seeing ANT+ compatible exercise equipment in the gyms sometime this fall. http://www8.garmin.com/intosports/antplus.html

7RYDER
09-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Anyone know if there is a HR strap that works with the 310XT and Ergomo Pro power meter? The Ergomo is polar compatible but won't recognise the Garmin strap and the Garmin doesn't work with my polar strap. Is there a 3rd party strap that will do the job?
Thanks!

Former Ergomo owner here -- short answer, there isn't one. The Garmin uses ANT+ and the Ergomo uses the old Polar protocols. FWIW, an ANT+ sport HR strap will work with any bike computer or Garmin that is ANT+ Sport compatible, so only buy one.

ChrisG
Seattle, WA