PDA

View Full Version : download error

MORICKY
05-17-2010, 08:52 AM
When downloading new lifetime update to Nuvi 350, I get this

Download error download is complete but a final integrity check could not be completed check file or download again.

Downloaded twice- same result . Any help?

FALAGAR
05-17-2010, 02:43 PM
I apologize for the issues you are experiencing. Unfortunately I do not have the expertise to help with these issues. Please call Customer Support (http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/home/support/supportcontact).

MORICKY
05-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Unfortunately, I've tried that in the past. The results were that they told me to follow the online directions. I will try again but with little faith that they will give me an answer that works. Thanks anyway. I will let you know how they respond this time.

MORICKY
05-17-2010, 03:19 PM
I've just tried calling and found a recording that the wait time is more than forty minutes and they will be closed before that. They suggest I call back later or check the website. In the past that has extended past the thirty day expiration date of the map update. I'm afraid buying the lifetime updates was a very back deal for me.

FALAGAR
05-17-2010, 03:54 PM
I apologize for the wait time on the phone lines, but what I hear the majority of the users who call in is that do get helpful support.

Make sure to explain your issue clearly and they should be able to help you out.

I am very sorry that I cannot provide any better assistance. Please keep us updated on how the issue turns out for you.

MORICKY
05-18-2010, 08:46 AM
I was told that the best time to call is morning weekdays. It is now 9:45 AM Tuesday and I will start calling. When I get results, I will post.

MORICKY
05-18-2010, 08:51 AM
:(Current wait time is thirty five minutes.

MORICKY
05-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Current update: Reached support by phone and we are working on download again. Current download speed predicts from 3- 5 hours for download. I currently have all virus, firewall and popup protection disabled. Hope my computer survives this. :eek:

MORICKY
05-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Michael at Garmin tried to call back to check. Appreciate that. I did not catch call. gone to lunch. We are currently looking at 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes to finish download. DSL clicking right along but this is a massive download. 2.17 GB

MORICKY
05-18-2010, 05:07 PM
2:45PM Download completed
integrity check completed
2:48PM started extracting files
3:55 started installing files
5:33 finished installing updates and it appears to work.

It seems the main problem was that my computer has both a firewall from windows as well as Mcafee protection provided by my provider (ATT) . Once all protections (both firewalls, antivirus and popup blockers were disabled we were able to proceed. A note in the directions would have saved me a great deal of time and stress as well as customer service a great deal of time. Some way there must be a better way to update maps without the basic download taking 8 hours to download and install. :eek:

FALAGAR
05-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated and I am glad it worked out for you in the end.

04-26-2013, 12:30 AM
Hi,
Please Help URGENTLY!!!
I have been trying to download my purchased maps but have not been able to. Currently the error I get is:
Device ready for download
Checking compatibility...
Index: 0, Size: 0 A
nd then the device does not download the map Please Help!!

04-26-2013, 12:49 AM
My Device is a Nuvi 255w
I've bought City Navigator® Europe NT and am trying to download it to a 4GB SD Card inserted in my device.

SUSSAMB
04-26-2013, 12:53 AM
How are you trying to update the maps? There are lots of posts here about problems with Garmin Express, though others seem to find it works perfectly. Your best bet is to use GarminMapUpdater (http://download.garmin.com/lmu/GarminMapUpdater.exe)

Make sure too you're connected directly to a USB port on your PC and not through a USB hub. Also that your AV or firewall aren't blocking the download.

Be aware though that downloading a map update can easily take a few hours.