PDA

View Full Version : Training Center Question

JSNOWASH
03-26-2010, 04:50 AM
I am a new Garmin Forerunner 305 user. I purchased a used unit recently, and so far I really love it! I have a question about Training Center. When I download my runs into GTC, the pace graph I get is very oscillating. I'm wondering if this is normal, or if there is some kind of issue with the way my unit is sampling during my runs. When I glance at the watch during runs, the pace displayed is much more consistent than the way the graph looks (i.e., the run for the graph attached was largely at a around a 9:30 - 9:50 pace, depending on terrain, etc. - but the graph shows a lot more variation....). Is this kind of oscillating graph in GTC normal?

Thanks for your help!

DANR1234
03-26-2010, 06:12 PM
I am a new Garmin Forerunner 305 user. I purchased a used unit recently, and so far I really love it! I have a question about Training Center. When I download my runs into GTC, the pace graph I get is very oscillating. I'm wondering if this is normal, or if there is some kind of issue with the way my unit is sampling during my runs. When I glance at the watch during runs, the pace displayed is much more consistent than the way the graph looks (i.e., the run for the graph attached was largely at a around a 9:30 - 9:50 pace, depending on terrain, etc. - but the graph shows a lot more variation....). Is this kind of oscillating graph in GTC normal?

Thanks for your help!

looks very much like all my pace charts...I think thats quite normal. There is a "smooth data" button in GTC, yours looks already smoothed. It normally looks even more jagged when unsmoothed,

Dan