PDA

View Full Version : Trackpoint inaccuracies

KLRJAA
08-10-2009, 03:02 PM
I have the same inaccuracies at Nexuzz albeit with the
310(X)treme (T)rouble. Todays 7 mile run provided exciting viewing on the computer, you wouldn't think the results on a simple out and back course would vary much, but alas, it does. Recorded points start very bad but then seemed to settle down. I pick up sat lock quickly but perhaps the quality is not great, etc...???? I flushed the cache tonight but I fail to see how that will help. Perhaps I am simply asking too much. Comments, suggestions, and condolences welcome.

DW152
08-10-2009, 03:44 PM
I have the same inaccuracies at Nexuzz albeit with the
310(X)treme (T)rouble. Todays 7 mile run provided exciting viewing on the computer, you wouldn't think the results on a simple out and back course would vary much, but alas, it does. Recorded points start very bad but then seemed to settle down. I pick up sat lock quickly but perhaps the quality is not great, etc...???? I flushed the cache tonight but I fail to see how that will help. Perhaps I am simply asking too much. Comments, suggestions, and condolences welcome.

The behavior you describe -- "recorded points start very bad but then seemed to settle down" -- isn't unusual. When I started my bike commute home this afternoon, my GPS accuracy started around 25 feet, and then jumped up to >50 feet when I instantly rode under some big trees. Within a mile or two, it settled down to an accuracy of <15 feet, and it pretty much stayed that way for the rest of my ride. If I had wanted better accuracy at the beginning of the ride, I could have just waited for a better satellite lock, but it was good enough for me and I wanted to get on my way home. Same thing for you -- if you want better accuracy, maybe just wait a bit longer before you start your run, and monitor the GPS accuracy until it's good enough for you.