PDA

View Full Version : Unit not recognised by PC

GIBBOBOY
03-05-2010, 03:58 AM
I've got a new problem with my 705, it crashes my computer whenever I try and transfer info between Mapsource or Dashboard.

I seem to be able to upload training to training centre ok and use both mapsource and dashboard without my unit connected, but when I try and transfer to it the "send to device" box doesn't recognise my unit and just crashes the PC.

This is a new problem, up until a week ago everything was working fine.

I've tried a master re-set and deleted all history and routes but it's still the same, does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it.

4CUADROS
04-10-2010, 06:15 AM
I have the edge 705 and worked perfectly for 4 weeks, comunicating fine with training center and weiving on google earth and everything. Now from one day to another there is no way of connecting to pc. Have dl all updates and programs, restarted soft and hard, tried another pc. No connection possible. When opening training center under help, it says that no usb driver installed, this is not correct, i have installed 10 times the drivers. No pc can recognize my unit?? Any help is highly appreciated.

SHERONRX
04-10-2010, 02:10 PM
edge 705 uploads to tc but SUDDENLY does not to gc. there is the tower and unit oicture on the screen as compared to a red battery. my pc acknolwegdes it but will not upload. for that matter, powertap program can not find it either. did the planets align will each other?

LANCD2
04-26-2010, 02:27 PM
All of sudden when i plug in my Edge 705 in my pc, it is not
recognize, says i have to reformat....
Try on my mac it its not recognize either,
all work well, mac or pc before!!!!
Very frustrating...
Daniel

BEERANDHOTDOGS
04-27-2010, 02:41 AM
I've got exactly the same problem. Checked the unit with 3 macs, and a pc - all the same thing. I can access the 2gb card, but not the unit itself. Done a really thorough search on the web for solutions, and nothing has worked. This issue seems to crop up a lot on various forums, it needs some fix.

LANCD2
04-27-2010, 04:16 AM
I read some where that it could be the cable, i will try another
cable next week; And if that doesn't work i will have to do
a hard reset, turn the unit off, hold down the mode button and turn the unit on. When the unit asks if you want to erase all user data, select yes. After resetting the unit, leave it with a clear view of the sky for about 30 minutes to acquire the satellite almanac.

4CUADROS
04-27-2010, 04:41 AM
a hard reset, turn the unit off, hold down the mode button and turn the unit on. When the unit asks if you want to erase all user data, select yes. After resetting the unit, leave it with a clear view of the sky for about 30 minutes to acquire the satellite almanac.

I had the same problem and have tried everything the members have suggested here but at the end I shipped the unit to Garmin and they have replaced the unit with a new.

PGOOVAERTS
04-29-2010, 02:58 PM
anyone having a sollution? I have same problem. Device is only 8 weeks old, it worked without any problems until this week. Suddenly no USB connection possible anymore, only 'SDCard' is correctly visible when inserted.

Tried everything:
install + reinstall drivers
install + reinstall webupdater
soft reset
hard reset
connect to other PC
BootLock
other cable
take out and reinstert battery from laptop (tip from other forum)

nothing helps.

Contacted Garmin Belgium + Garmin Helpdesk early this week but they do not reply. Speaking about support....

For such expensive devices they should give better support, at least answer my mails...

THOOMAS
05-01-2010, 02:39 AM
same problem. About 1 month ago my windows 7 64-bit based computer started to give "USB device not recognized" error message. I installed-reinstalled usb hubs, tried several usb drivers for edge 705, but no go. Problem still resists, no idea what to do. At least I can recharge device via usb.

57DIBBS
05-01-2010, 04:26 AM
Has anyone tried to Bootblock, as described in this thread?
https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=4976&page=2

THOOMAS
05-01-2010, 08:00 AM
well, got it to work again. I upgraded system BIOS and now everything works:D

LARRYLOCK48
05-01-2010, 04:31 PM
You updated your Computers BIOS? What does that have to do with Garmin?

BELIZEANCYCLIST
05-02-2010, 12:55 AM
I had the same problem "usb not recognized" I've tried everything from rebooting Edge to messing around with device manager (nothing worked).

This is how I got my computer to finally recognized my USB hubs and Garmin Edge 705:

shut your computer down
unplug your usb cable for garmin
unplug your computer from its power source (wall outlet/surge protector)
wait a few minutes then plug your computer back to the outlet
restart computer then plug back in your USB cable...that's it. It worked for me.
by unplugging the computer from the power source it reboots the motherboard so when you restart the motherboard it recognizes the usb ports.

LANCD2
05-08-2010, 11:51 AM

Well all that did not work so i talked to a tech at garmin, said it was a corrupt
file, so i had to reformat the edge 705 hd... way to complicated!!! went back
to the store and replace it with a new one.
daniel