PDA

View Full Version : 310XT - Fantastic!

MCAMM
08-09-2009, 06:56 PM
I just received my 310XT a few days ago and used it today at the Falmouth Road Race on Cape Cod.

I own a 205 as well as a 405. The 310XT had some very compelling features so I thought I would buy one and give it a try.

Since I am use to the 205 as well as the 405, setting up the 310XT was a breeze. I configured it with the same 4 data fields I have on one of my 205 screens. On my 405 I was unable to do this since the 405 can only have 3 data files per screen while the 310XT (and 205) can have 4.

I found the 405 bezel to be "troublesome" and always had to lock the bezel to insure that the 405 did not go spastic while I was running. I found that sweat makes it go crazy. The 310XT does not have these problems since there is no bezel to contend with.

The following features of the 310XT were either nice to have’s or must have's for me:

- 20 hour battery – Nice to have since I do marathon’s not triathlons.
- ANT wireless technology – MUST HAVE!
- New chip set for faster sat acquisition (same of the 405) – MUST HAVE
- Large readable display - Using my 405 with 3 data fields on a single screen is too hard for me to see. I had to configure my 405 with autoscroll which I find annoying since I like looking at these 4 fields at the same time - distance, pace, avg pace, elasped time. – MUST HAVE
- Not having a bezel that I have to lock enables me to have 3 usable screens of data during a run - ie I don't have to worry about having it go crazy while I am tapping through screens. The buttons on the side of the 310XT work great to scroll through the screens! MUST HAVE
- Water Proof – Nice to have
- Vibrating Alerts on my auto laps - THIS WAS THE MAIN REASON I PURCHASED IT. I listen to my ipod while I run and could never hear the alerts on the 205 or 405.MUST HAVE.

The 310XT worked flawlessly during my run today. I had at least 10 people come up to me while we were hanging out waiting for the race to start asking which model it was. I think I must have been the only person who had one at the race! Its striking to look at, comfortable to wear, well thought out and fully functional to use!

It is much more comfortable to wear than the 205 or the 405 however, it is much bigger than the 405. It’s the real deal! I am selling my 205 and 405. If you are a serious runner or tri athlete the 310XT is the way to go!

I set a PR today at Falmouth! It was a great day for me and my new 310XT.

MIMISCHRISTOP
08-10-2009, 05:08 AM
- Water Proof – Nice to have
- Vibrating Alerts on my auto laps - THIS WAS THE MAIN REASON I PURCHASED IT. I listen to my ipod while I run and could never hear the alerts on the 205 or 405.MUST HAVE.

the reasons i'm thrilled with it exactly!
If only the software team could add a max-low speed/pace alert on next update..

GIACOV
08-10-2009, 07:57 AM
If only the software team could add a max-low speed/pace alert on next update..
and a "Time - last lap" field !!!
giacov