PDA

View Full Version : Forerunner 310xt with clock function ?

MHOUTMAN
02-24-2010, 02:05 PM
i want to buy a Forerunner 310 XT but I just discovered it has no clock/watch function.

is there any Garmin device which does have such a function build in and has GPW and hearth rate monitoring ?

tia mike.

MARTOWL
02-24-2010, 05:12 PM
The 310XT has a clock. Some have had difficulty maintaining time when it is turned off but mine works fine. It is off most of the time and only on when I workout. This device is not a sportwatch like the 405 or 405CX. It has a battery life of ~20h and if left on will soon run out of battery power. You probably won't want to use this as a watch, it is big and ORANGE. I hope this answers your question.

MHOUTMAN
02-25-2010, 02:31 PM
The 310XT has a clock. Some have had difficulty maintaining time when it is turned off but mine works fine. It is off most of the time and only on when I workout...

thank you very much. i was puzzled as in some review i read that there was no clock display, but that appeared to be wrong. can the clock also be displayed in large digits ? ( i wear glasses) thx again

DW152
02-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Yes, you can have the clock as the only data field, and it will be very large.

MARTOWL
02-25-2010, 03:48 PM
The displays are highly configurable and yes you could have only the time of day in the display, which will give you large digits. Here is a crappy picture from my iPhone showing 3 display screens with the time of day on top. Even with the blurry photo simulating the decline in my vision, you can still tell the time. The display is great, I do not need my glasses to view it.

bjhiggi
01-05-2011, 02:29 PM
how do you change display for Clock to be larger?

DW152
01-05-2011, 05:04 PM
how do you change display for Clock to be larger?

Choose the number of data fields to be displayed = 1. Then choose that data field to display time of day.