PDA

View Full Version : Should I upgrade to Garmin 405?

MOZNMAR
02-18-2010, 08:19 AM
I am currently using a Garmin 301, but am considering upgrading to a 405. My main reasons are the form factor (I would like to wear as a watch) and hopefully increased consistency in GPS reception. Is the upgrade worth it or should I wait for the next releases of the Forerunners (whenever that will be)? Any thoughts / suggestions would be greatly appreciates.

Michael

ASHEVILLEMIKE
02-28-2010, 10:22 AM
You would have to charge your 405 often, which would have to shorten battery life. I'm guessing that the battery would not be a cheap replacement. Also depends on what you're using it for (whether to get a 405 or 310). Since I use mine on the bike as much or more than running I returned the 405 and got the 310xt, which I'm relatively happy with. It has much better bike mount as well as more bike-friendly capabilities.

If it were me I would buy a cheap watch and use the garmin only for training (whichever one you get).

STORMCHASER411
05-14-2010, 11:10 PM
It's been almost 3 months but I was wondering if you upgraded your Forerunner ?

If so, would you mind sharing any impressions over the 405 or whatever you got?

I firmly believe the 405CX (http://forerunner405cx.com/garmin-forerunner-405cx/) is the best one of the Forerunner models.