PDA

View Full Version : Routable Roads

GARMINGOD31
02-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Greetings! Recently purchased a Oregon 400t and have installed MapSource 6l.13.7 which seems to work fine. Have MetroGuide USA v. 5. Transfered some saved Metorguide maps and Waypoints to the Oregon. Set the Oregon up "automotive routing", "on road for time". Selected a waypoint and hit Go. Got message "Route Calculation Error: Maps do not have routable roads in this area."

The Metorguide routes fine within MapSource. But the Oregon won't calculate the route with those same maps installed (and enabled) on it. Am I doing something wrong or is there a limitation on the v 5 software? Thanks!

KILLTIMER
02-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Check your setup again. IIRC, when using older maps like MetroGuide you have to transfer routing information with your maps. There should be a check box that shows up at the bottom of the map tab that enables this.

GARMINGOD31
02-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Thanks. I did endeed find that checkbox in the maps window. However, it is "greyed out." I can't check it. Highlighted all the maps and tried as well - still "greyed out." I've got MapSource 6.13.7 and MetroGuide 5. Routing with Metroguide works fine within MapSource. Also interesting, when I go to transfer to devide, the only thing I can select is Maps, Routes, waypoints, and tracks are greyed out. Any thoughts? Thanks again.

KILLTIMER
02-15-2010, 11:28 AM
My next best guess? :) The Oregon may need the newer maps, eg. the CityNav series to autoroute. It's gotten quite confusing as to which of Garmin's many units do what with which......

GARMINGOD31
02-15-2010, 11:34 AM
I agree - there are so many different units and quite a few mapping solutions. The Maps aren't cheap, so I'm not inclined to purchase more, when I've already spent $100 on the MetroGuide. The new products should be backwards compatible. Thanks.

kganshirt
02-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Are you talkng about Metroguide Canada v5? Or are you taking about older Metroguide for the US?

Metroguide Canada has always contained routing information, but as far as I recall, the American version of Metroguide maps did not contain any routing information.

If it's the US maps, I'm surprised that it works in Mapsource. The fact that the "Include route calculation data" selection on the Maps tab is greyed out indicates that there is no routing data available. That's either because there is none in the maps or because you don't have any map segments selected yet.

...ken...

GARMINGOD31
02-15-2010, 01:53 PM
It is the MetroGuide V5 for the US. I figured greyed out means it was a MapSource issue and not a Oregon issue. It plots routes fine in MapSource, so I assumed the plotting data would be available to the GPS. Disappointing if not available, considering the cost of the program. If I could upgrade at a reasonable cost, I would. Thanks for the help.

SELDOM
02-15-2010, 03:17 PM
I agree - there are so many different units and quite a few mapping solutions. The Maps aren't cheap, so I'm not inclined to purchase more, when I've already spent $100 on the MetroGuide. The new products should be backwards compatible. Thanks.

You can get CityNavNANT. (US and Candada) for less than that at Amazon.