PDA

View Full Version : 310XT awesome devise close to perfection if..

MIMISCHRISTOP
08-07-2009, 11:23 AM
I've been left ecstatic with the sat locking compared to my Edge 205, maybe 5-10x faster depending on where you stand! Plus 310XT holds contact at the innermost of my appartment!
I've particularly enjoyed the vibrating signals at preset time-distance for interval work or plain info..
Now Mama Garmin please include to next software if possible:

1. Odometer for running is as useful as for cycling, say you need to know when it's time to replace running shoes etc

2. Presetting tones-vibrations for messages-alarms should be independent for each sport and not be fixed in system. For running vibrating signals is a must cause you don't want to disturb the rest of the group into track but road cycling is noisy plus you have the watch on handlebar so you need a loud tone! Reseting system over again is no option esp. in multisport events

3. Edge 205 could alarm you riding over-under certain speed which would be a very nice feature for 310XT too

PLS Garmin team make the last step to perfection!

SEILOGRAMP
08-07-2009, 06:13 PM
I've been left ecstatic with the sat locking compared to my Edge 205, maybe 5-10x faster depending on where you stand!

No doubt it is fast. However, not necessarily more accurate. I'm hoping GPS accuracy is improved with an update.

1. Odometer for running is as useful as for cycling, say you need to know when it's time to replace running shoes etc

Never considered putting that info on the device. I rotate 4 or 5 different pairs of running shoes, so this could be a bit cumbersome to track on the device. Garmin Connect will be implementing gear tracking, so my guess is that they are heading in the direction of tracking that sort of information on the web site.

I like your other points.:)