PDA

View Full Version : .FIT Converter

MANUXC
01-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Hello everyone
I realised a GPS files converter, which can now decode .FIT files, and can save to GPX or TCX format
It's pretty basical, read the file all in one, so doesn't cut if differents tracks are in the same file

it's written using visual C#, so you'll need compact frame work 3.5 to make it run

enjoy, and any comment is welcome ;-)

TRICKYEDGE500
01-16-2010, 10:08 PM
I downloaded your fit converter but could not get it to install. I have framework 3.5 installed. Any suggestions?

DCRAINMAKER
01-19-2010, 07:23 PM
Any chance you'd be willing to share the source code? More just out of curiosity than anything else.

RDONSON
01-21-2010, 08:27 AM
The converter seems to work for me at least in converting the files. Do you have any error handling if you find something in the .fit file that's a problem? I'm curious because I have a .fit file that Gamin Connect won't/can't handle but your converter seems to breeze through it.

MANUXC
01-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Any chance you'd be willing to share the source code? More just out of curiosity than anything else.

hello
no problem, give me your mail adress and i'll send it to you :)

MANUXC
01-26-2010, 06:04 PM
The converter seems to work for me at least in converting the files. Do you have any error handling if you find something in the .fit file that's a problem? I'm curious because I have a .fit file that Gamin Connect won't/can't handle but your converter seems to breeze through it.

my converter simply read the track points in file using the description given on the fit format post , but don't handle any error

MANUXC
01-26-2010, 06:05 PM
I downloaded your fit converter but could not get it to install. I have framework 3.5 installed. Any suggestions?

nothing to install, just normaly have to run the .exe file ... which error occurs ?

DCRAINMAKER
01-26-2010, 06:14 PM
hello

dcrainmakerblog@gmail.com

Thanks!

ROBERTDAINES
01-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Hi WIREBOOK! In your blog review of the Edge 500 you noted that you had concerns about the high reflectivity of the display screen. Have you found this to be a problem over the long term or is it not a real issue?

Thanks,
Bob

TEXMURPHY
01-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Hi WIREBOOK! In your blog review of the Edge 500 you noted that you had concerns about the high reflectivity of the display screen. Have you found this to be a problem over the long term or is it not a real issue?
The 500 screen is just slightly larger with slightly larger text for the same layout size as the Edge 305.
However the 500 is a little harder to read. I think the reason may be because the 500 has the screen mounted in a white reflective plate. The Edge 305 screen is mounted in a black plate.
I am considering adding a black rim to my Edge 500's screen and seeing if the result has less glare or is easier to read. Will let you know.

DCRAINMAKER
01-26-2010, 09:02 PM

Thanks,
Bob

It's been hard to say. My issue is that I can't get any sunny days that I can get back out again (that don't involve 24" of snow, ice, or me travelling). I've been using it on non-sunny days without any issue and it's been fine. But sunny days are when I see the issues the most.

XCAMRIDER
01-27-2010, 08:22 AM
It's been hard to say. My issue is that I can't get any sunny days that I can get back out again (that don't involve 24" of snow, ice, or me travelling). I've been using it on non-sunny days without any issue and it's been fine. But sunny days are when I see the issues the most.

I had a similar problem and decided to see if I could cut down on the glare. Apple makes a great anti glare film for the ipod touch. I had an extra one lying around and decided to cut it to the shape of the Edge 500 and it works perfectly. No glare, no scratches, no worries.

p.s. Dig your blog.

RDONSON
01-27-2010, 04:47 PM
MANUXC,

I thought I should share this message I received today running the converter. It occurred after a conversion and the conversions seem OK.

I'm running Win XP Pro SP3 with all the latest patches.

==============================================
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '1453' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
Parameter name: Value
at System.Windows.Forms.ProgressBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripProgressBar.set_Value(Int32 value)
at TCXConverter.c_FIT_in.m_chargerFichier(String vl_nomfichier, formMain vl_formMain)
at TCXConverter.formMain.m_ouvrirFichier(String vl_nom)
at TCXConverter.formMain.e_bFichier_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
TCXConverter
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Ron's%20Stuff/Garmin%20Edge%20500/TCXConverter.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

MANUXC
01-28-2010, 03:50 PM
can you please send me the file you tried to convert ?

manuxc at free.fr (i let you gess the real adress, to avoid robots looking emails)

RDONSON
01-28-2010, 04:09 PM
can you please send me the file you tried to convert ?

manuxc at free.fr (i let you gess the real adress, to avoid robots looking emails)

Email with files sent to you.

MANUXC
01-31-2010, 04:54 PM
Hello

Thinks that bug is gone ... but your file is strange, no gps latitude and longitude info ???

new converter version in .zip

RDONSON
01-31-2010, 04:55 PM
Hello,

Yes, the files I sent you were indoor training sessions. I turned the GPS off.

JORMAS77
03-01-2010, 02:18 PM
hello

Please, you sent-me the source code of converter

thanks

T2PALMER
03-11-2010, 05:29 AM
hello

I'd love a copy of the source code. palmer_tr at yahoo dot com.

Thanks!

DDAAXX
03-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Hi,
first of all... I've notice that you use the name of my software TCX Converter ( http://www.teambikeolympo.it/TCXConverter ) :) But no problem... seems that this name is easy to remember :)

Now I'm trying to add fit support, but Garmin have not yet sent me the SDK... may I have the source, so I can add the support to the 'original' ;) TCX Converter? :)

Thanks a lot
Dario
dario@teambikeolympo.it

JORMAS77
03-23-2010, 11:30 AM
I would say yes, it is but if I need help I can send files. Fit. Maybe you can contact the developer RunSaturday or Mytourbook which has recently been supporting the Edge 500

DLACKEY
04-05-2010, 10:01 AM
I haven't had much luck using your FIT to TCX History file for use in Sport Tracks or GTC. The conversion finishes without an error but Sport Tracks and GTC throw an error when trying to import. I have attached the error messages, FIT File, and TCX File. Any thoughts and help would be great!

--Devin

MCHAMMER_IT
04-20-2010, 05:17 AM
I tried to use the software but it seems that is not capable to convert from fit to tcx history properly.......

DRAGONFLY_PL
05-29-2010, 11:21 AM
Hi

I'm trying to recover corrupted fit file.

When I load it with TCX Converter I see in grid view that some entries are really buggered (date in 2017year etc)... But everything else seems fine. As that corrupted activity contains really important data for me (CTS Road Trial which I do every month), I want to load this data into GTC somehow.

So I have exported data to TCX file and removed broken entries. However TCX converter seems to create output TCX file which has slightly different scheama from the one accepted by GTC.

Has anybody bumped into that issue before? Is there a way/or new version of tcx converter that would output TCX file which can be processed by GTC?

Thanks Paweł

P.S. Or maybe there is a change to see source code for that application, or documentation for FIT file. As I'm software dev I would write it myself eventually.

STEVENTILLY
06-03-2010, 04:50 AM
Converter worked fine (thanks, a good effort) but Garmin Connect could not load the converted files. The .fit file also loads into Garmin Training Centre, which can also convert it to .tcx or .gpx and Garmin Connect will not load these either. Garmin Connect is just screwed!

MARCO_DEPA
06-03-2010, 06:58 AM
Hi

I have downloaded your connverter and used it on a couple of "apparently" corrupter FIT files and it seemed to work as expected. The problem I have though is on the formatting of certain fiels such as Time and Distance. I have noticed that it does not like a different time/date formatting then the source. This seems to be picked up by the international config of your PC. In fact mine has time set as hh.mm.ss rather then hh:mm:ss. I have changed it and maneged to get away with it. Still, I have problems with distance: I have done 135Km but when I import teh gpx file onto sportrack it reads as 135 713,58 (??). Max speed comes up as 61*041*528,0 (on the edge 500 reads as 61Km). Average speed is nonsense as it reads 36*435,9 whereas on the edge 500 comes up as 28,5Km/h. The GPS points on the map also looks kind of strange... Any clue on where the problem may be?

Thanks in advance!

PAPIRRI
06-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Hello everyone
I realised a GPS files converter, which can now decode .FIT files, and can save to GPX or TCX format
It's pretty basical, read the file all in one, so doesn't cut if differents tracks are in the same file

it's written using visual C#, so you'll need compact frame work 3.5 to make it run

enjoy, and any comment is welcome ;-)

Hi, I'm using your program and I feel really very good for .Fit corrupt. I would like to edit my file but when I export in GPX or TCX lose information such as temperature and cadence.
You can add functionality "copy and paste" to your program?
Thanks
Papirri

PUFFOLINO
08-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Dont have .Net on my XP-Notebook, maybe I can also get the source code as a PM? :rolleyes:

Thanks.

PS if possible, I would include it to my tiny converter which is used to import HST, TCX or GPX files to make reports (Website (http://sites.google.com/site/mrvogel/GPS))

JORMAS77
08-01-2010, 11:34 PM
hello puffolino
its posible make this program Forerunner viewer and converter to linux platform?

PUFFOLINO
08-02-2010, 12:15 AM
hello puffolino
its posible make this program Forerunner viewer and converter to linux platform?

In theroy, yes but therefore I would need more time than I have acually to convert all graphic functions from DirectX to OpenGL...

DPEVANS26
12-08-2010, 03:43 PM
could i get the c# source code?

MICHAELHILGERS@HOTMAIL.DE
12-14-2010, 06:26 AM
I like to convert fit file to tcx..
have anybody the source code in VB, C#, C++, or... to convert it?

Thanks

DHOFERD
12-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Hi, In my Edge 800, the file is saved in .fit format and I find source code to convert it ti TCX. Can you help me ?

webpredator
04-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Hello
Does the converter still work ?
Having a problem with a corrupted FIT file... :(