PDA

View Full Version : My Edge 510 cannot pair(connect) with Speed/Cadence sensor (GSC 10)

Canyon_dale
06-16-2013, 10:55 AM
My garmin edge 510 cannot found Speed/Cadence sensor.
other sensors (HRM sensors / GPS / Bluethooth phone connection) are connected well.

Firmware of my edge 510 is 2.5v

Today, I factory reseted my Edge 510, because Edge lost connection with cadence sensor while riding.
After factory reset, I tried to re-connect (re-pairing) Edge 510 and Speed/Cadence sensor.
However, Edge says "Speed/Cadence sesnsor not found".

What I did to solve this problem are

1. push reset button of speed/cadence sensor
2. pull out the battery of speed/cadnece sensor. Wait about 30~60 seconds. try to reconnect Edge and sensor.

My sensor flash red and green light when I push the reset button.
And sensor detect magents for cadence and speed very well.

How can I solve this problem? Do I have to replace battery of my sensor? I just buy the Edge about 3 weeks ago.
Does anyone have same problem?

DW152
06-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Two things to try:

1) You need to be spinning the cranks and the wheel when you try to pair. You have to do this so that the GSC-10 generates a signal that the 510 can pair to.

2) On the GSC-10, try putting the battery in backwards for 10 seconds or so. This will short the leads and reset the transmitter ID. Then put the battery in the correct way, and try to pair it with the 510.

Canyon_dale
06-16-2013, 12:39 PM
I just did these two things.

However, my edge 510 still cannot found any speed/cadence sensor.

voicereponse
06-16-2013, 10:27 PM
See if someone else with a Garmin device can pair to your gsc10. Maybe your local bike shop that sells Garmin products will try. If it won't pair with another device then a call to Garmin support might get you a replacement unit. However I'd still replace the battery first. Even though you get the LED's it still might not be enough juice for the transmitter.

3DKiwi
06-17-2013, 02:29 AM
Dumb question time. You did follow the pairing instructions on pages 6 and 7 of the full pdf manual didn't you? Making the LED's flash on the GSC-10 is just the first part.

Canyon_dale
06-17-2013, 07:09 AM
Dumb question time. You did follow the pairing instructions on pages 6 and 7 of the full pdf manual didn't you? Making the LED's flash on the GSC-10 is just the first part.

Yeah, of course, I followed the instructions :)

Canyon_dale
06-17-2013, 07:11 AM
See if someone else with a Garmin device can pair to your gsc10. Maybe your local bike shop that sells Garmin products will try. If it won't pair with another device then a call to Garmin support might get you a replacement unit. However I'd still replace the battery first. Even though you get the LED's it still might not be enough juice for the transmitter.

Thank you for your advice. I will try a new battery, then I will post result

TIGERMOUNTRIDER
06-17-2013, 09:57 AM
I would just contact support to get a new sensor. If the battery has enough power to make the lights flash there should be enough for the transmitter. I would be concerned that the transmitter is defective and might start working only to fail later.

Canyon_dale
06-17-2013, 11:03 AM
I would just contact support to get a new sensor. If the battery has enough power to make the lights flash there should be enough for the transmitter. I would be concerned that the transmitter is defective and might start working only to fail later.

I guess that my garmin Edge is fine because it can catch the HRM sensor, which use ANT+ protocol as same as Speed/Cadence sensor. Is my guess right?

Anyway, I tried new battery and follow the instruction. However, I failed to pair Edge and speed/cadence sensor.

TIGERMOUNTRIDER
06-18-2013, 12:39 AM
I guess that my garmin Edge is fine because it can catch the HRM sensor, which use ANT+ protocol as same as Speed/Cadence sensor. Is my guess right?
Yes, it is right. There is one receiver and it must be working to get HR.

Canyon_dale
06-18-2013, 09:05 PM
I tried new 2.60 firmware. However, my edge still cant catch the Speed/Cadence sensor. I will try another sensor of my friends.
I guess and hope that it is the problem of GSC-10 sensor.

Canyon_dale
06-20-2013, 08:46 AM
I tried new 2.60 firmware. However, my edge still cant catch the Speed/Cadence sensor. I will try another sensor of my friends.
I guess and hope that it is the problem of GSC-10 sensor.

I tired new GSC-10 sensor. However, my garmin edge still can't pair the sensor. OMG.
It is strange that my garmin can still pair with Heart Rate sensors and bluetooth really well

t_smit
06-20-2013, 11:14 AM
I tired new GSC-10 sensor. However, my garmin edge still can't pair the sensor. OMG.
It is strange that my garmin can still pair with Heart Rate sensors and bluetooth really well

On the 510, you have the sensor type set to Speed/Cadence sensor, right? If you selected 'Speed AND cadence sensor' it won't find the GSC10, because that implies separate sensors for each of speed and cadence, and the ANT+ device types are different for each of the three.

Canyon_dale
06-20-2013, 12:21 PM
On the 510, you have the sensor type set to Speed/Cadence sensor, right? If you selected 'Speed AND cadence sensor' it won't find the GSC10, because that implies separate sensors for each of speed and cadence, and the ANT+ device types are different for each of the three.

Thank you for your reply T_SMIT,
Yes, I selected "Speed/Cadence" sensor. In fact, I tried all four selections, however garmin did not catch the signal. It makes me go crazy.

Canyon_dale
06-20-2013, 12:44 PM
I disabled all other sensors, such as bluetooth, Heart Rate Monitor, and even the GPS. But my edge 510 still cannot catch the signal of GSC-10.

I sent an E-mail to support center to get some repair service few days ago, however I don't get any answers yet. I live outside of the America, so calling to service center is not easy.
Additionally, Garmin's repair center, "static.garmincdn.com", is out of service for site maintenance.

CKOVACIC19
07-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Hi Canyon_Dale - I was having the same problem. I thought I had disabled bluetooth, but I hadn't actually shut off my phone. As soon as I shut off my phone, it found the Speed/Cadence sensor. Not sure if this will help, but maybe worth a try if you haven't done it already. Good luck!

Canyon_dale
07-16-2013, 06:18 AM
Hi Canyon_Dale - I was having the same problem. I thought I had disabled bluetooth, but I hadn't actually shut off my phone. As soon as I shut off my phone, it found the Speed/Cadence sensor. Not sure if this will help, but maybe worth a try if you haven't done it already. Good luck!

Thank you for you reply, CKOVACIC19!

MDSMD
08-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Thank you for you reply, CKOVACIC19!
Thank you, too. I was having the same problem, tried all of the same remedies and was very frustrated. I followed your advice, turned off my phone and, voila!, my Edge 510 immediately paired with the speed/cadence sensor. The Garmin folks should add this to their troubleshooting section.

AYONG_CHIA
09-01-2013, 07:04 AM
Thank you, too. I was having the same problem, tried all of the same remedies and was very frustrated. I followed your advice, turned off my phone and, voila!, my Edge 510 immediately paired with the speed/cadence sensor. The Garmin folks should add this to their troubleshooting section.

I was have the same problem too, but what i did just play at bluetooth turn off/on, unpair and pair again then fixed it and really that's the garmin edge 510's bluetooth bug, hope garmin guys will notice it and launch update to fix this problem,

EARNSHAWMARC
11-30-2013, 04:30 PM
I was have the same problem too, but what i did just play at bluetooth turn off/on, unpair and pair again then fixed it and really that's the garmin edge 510's bluetooth bug, hope garmin guys will notice it and launch update to fix this problem,

Same problem I had and same resolution. Thanks for posting!

TRAVISROSEN
03-02-2014, 08:49 PM
I'm having the same issue where it simply will not pair with my 501. Did you ever get a resolution?

Does frame material have anything to do with it? I just switched over to Titanium. I read somewhere else that another ti frame user was having issues.

L2IDER
05-16-2014, 09:43 AM

Anyway, I tried new battery and follow the instruction. However, I failed to pair Edge and speed/cadence sensor.

Did you speak with Garmin support? I'm wondering if more people are encountering this issue. It's happened to me 4x so far.

During the ride if I stop for more than a couple minutes (auto pause) then start riding again, both my HR and Cadence show no data. I can go to the settings and it finds both but then they disappear immediately afterwards.

If I end my ride there and start a new ride; then both the HR and Cadence work again so I think this is a software issue.

And I've done all the things you've done to spare any redundant questions. I'll be speaking with support and if they are not able to resolve, then I may go back to the 500. So far the cons greatly outweigh the benefits.

GEOFFBNZ
05-26-2014, 05:26 PM
I had a simialr problem when trying to add another GSC10 on a second profile. The 510 couldn't find sensor. I then deleted sensor from first profile, then I couldn't add it back. The firmware was 2.70 and I updated using webupdater to version 3.0 this has fixed the problem and both sensors connected perfectly

MCROSEN13
07-27-2014, 01:53 PM
I had the same issue and believe it is software related as my issue started after an update. Have you tried searching for your sensor while pedaling? It worked for me:)