View Full Version : Forerunner 310XT not detected by ANT Agent

01-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Pairing issue with Garmin310xt
I have the Garmin 310xt for over a year now and up until now it's performance has been excellent. However, the device is no longer pairing with my computer and I'm unable to upload my activities to garminconnect or the training center.

Communicator Plugin is properly installed and up to date.

ANT agent is up to date with firmware V 2.3.3

I Confirm that pairing is enabled. When I do this I the device is detected and asks would I like to pair with the device, and likewise on the forerunner as well. However, this connection only lasts for a few seconds and reverts back to been disabled on both forerunner and ANT without any data transferred.

A firmware update is available for the Garmin Forerunner 310XT my version: 4.2 can be updated to latest version: 4.5 however the data transfer link only lasts a few seconds, nowhere long enough for any success and I get the message bad request!!

I've tried the above after both a soft and and hard start with no success.

Hoping someone can help.

01-17-2013, 12:26 PM
reinstall ant agent

01-29-2013, 07:30 AM
I have been having the same problem - it drives me crazy. Love the 310 but I wish the upload would just work like it used to up until a couple of weeks ago. I find that if I pair the ANT agent and the 310 a few times (or more) then it eventually works and transfers the data successfully.

I would be interested to hear if others are having this problem. I have re-installed ANT agent, have the latest firmware, etc.

03-12-2013, 10:35 PM
I am on my 3rd forerunner 310xt. I have nothing but problems with it. Will not turn on, will not upload info, reinstalled the ant stick 4 times. the transfer button keeps turning it self off. I am ready to switch to another company.

07-21-2014, 11:07 PM
Garmin ANT Agent “Data transfer failed.”

1. Closed Garmin ANT Agent
2. Powered off Garmin Forerunner 310XT
3. Opened Garmin ANT Agent
4. Powered on Garmin Forerunner 310XT

Garmin ANT Agent “Data transfer was successful.”