View Full Version : Yet Another Cadence Sensor Question

10-29-2009, 11:41 AM
I have no problem pairing the cadence sensor with my 310 but I am unable to get it to display either cadence or road speed. I need road speed as I am using my bike on a turbo trainer.
The cadence sensor is working as it displays speed and cadence with my 305.
Any help would be appreciated.

10-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Couple of things:-

Make sure you have the sport set to "biking". Press and hold mode to change sports. You have a choice of running, bike1, bike2, bike3 and other.

Make sure you have your data fields configured to show cadence and speed. Settings, Bike Settings, Data Fields. There you have a choice of four data fields to set up.

10-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Some more hints/things to check as well. Make sure you've enabled the sensor for the bike profile you are using (simply saying you have a sensor during the initial setup wizard alone is not enough) AND using a valid calibration figure. When using indoors it is best to disable GPS. And lastly, if you aren't seeing cad/speed data but your 305 is (for the same bike) try rescanning.

10-31-2009, 05:19 AM
The cadence figure is now being displayed but I still do not get any speed,
Do I have to calibrate the sensor, if so how,
I have tried with the gps enabled and disabled,

10-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Check that there is not too much gap between the sensor and the magnet on your spokes. I think the gap should be no more than 5mm. Turn off the GPS, ride and you should see speed. If not get off, move sensor arm closer to magnet and try again.

11-01-2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks Lisa
Sorted it out myself, you were right anyway the magnet had to be within about 1mm to work, so have used a stronger magnet from another cycle computer.