PDA

View Full Version : Fenix - download track out of Garminconnect to the watch ?

DANIEL@GIRI.CH
09-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Hello Experts

I've got my Fenix some days ago and I'm still in testing mode, but one of my big wish seems to be not possible at the moment...
As I could upload finished tracks from the watch to Garminconnect - I would also be interested to download planned tracks from Garminconnect to the watch....

Currently, it seems not to be supported, as "send to device" out of a planning tool shows the message, that no supported devices was recognized.
Does anyone has a workaround or tip or an idea if this is planned ?

Many thanks
Daniel

MARIOMOBIEL
09-20-2012, 11:51 PM
The fastest way, export the track to a SD card. Than copy them from the GPX folder on the SD card to the GPX folder on the Fenix. The Fenix will show up as a removable storage device on your PC.

DANIEL@GIRI.CH
09-21-2012, 02:04 AM
The fastest way, export the track to a SD card. Than copy them from the GPX folder on the SD card to the GPX folder on the Fenix. The Fenix will show up as a removable storage device on your PC.

Hello MARIOMOBIEL

Thanks for your feedback !

I discovered this thread:
http://www.mtbrider.com/showthread.php?31025-Export-course-from-Garmin-Connect

As I only own the Fenix, I cannot send the track to an other device to grap it from there.
Also, my goal is to use the Fenix as a GPS tool to show me the way of the track while I'm doing it and not to export the track after I did it already ;-)

So I cross fingers that Garmin will add the Fenix as supported device soon to GC that I could sent the track directly to the device.

Thanks
Daniel

MARIOMOBIEL
09-21-2012, 02:22 AM
You can also use Garmin Basecamp for that, it's free and u can install the Open CycleMap in it, that's also
free. That way u can import and Export track.

DANIEL@GIRI.CH
10-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Hello all

Garmin just released the new firmware v2.7 where my requested feature is available ! ;-)
Good job Garmin !

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f296/garmin-fenix-ongoing-review-several-parts-746366-52.html