PDA

View Full Version : Premium Heart Rate Strap Screws Stuck

ETOUMEY
08-19-2012, 12:02 PM
I recently needed to change the battery in my premium heart rate strap. After I did so, it still did not pair with my Forerunner 610. When I then tried to open the HR monitor back up to check the battery, I was only able to get one of the screws out. I can turn the other three screws, but no matter how many times I do so, they remain in the unit. Any suggestions?

SHARKBAIT_AU
08-19-2012, 06:06 PM
You most probably "stripped" the tread when putting the screws back in the first time. It is quite common that people apply too much force to delicate items. To remove the cover you will have to unscrew the screws whilst gently levering the cover off at the same time - you are just trying to apply some positive pressure to the underside of the screw head. Lever next to the screw you are trying to remove and alternate between the screws so that you only lift the cover a fraction at a time - do not try to lever off the cover in one go because you could bend it. However the threads will remain practically useless.

MALCOLMROMANO
10-02-2012, 07:00 AM
Yes i have a one suggestion for you.
Mostly peoples when they want to screw back they putting more pressure on the screw so that it can not be open properly i advise to everyone press it gently so that you got which you want and pull out the watch cover gently at the same time please apply positive pressure.

STEVANPIERCE
10-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Yes i have a one suggestion for you.
Mostly peoples when they want to screw back they putting more pressure on the screw so that it can not be open properly i advise to everyone press it gently so that you got which you want and pull out the watch cover gently at the same time please apply positive pressure.

And I would not lose the screws as Garmin does not have replacement parts for them. So, if you lose a screw you are SOL.

JULIEN321
10-02-2012, 02:23 PM
What size screw driver is needed (PH0)?