PDA

View Full Version : Pairing 310xt with Speed/Cadence bike sensor

BILLTCHICAGO
10-15-2009, 09:44 PM
How do you pair 310xt with Speed/Cadence bike sensor?

Once I can accomplish this it's time to pair it with my power tap!

EKUTTER
10-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Once you have selected one of the 3 bikes (press and hold the mode button to do this), switch to the menu page, select settings, bike settings, bike1, then "ant+ spd/Cad" (or "ant+ power" for power and yes you can setup both for the same bike), change the sensor present to "yes". Then you should be able to just spin your wheel. If it doesn't pick up, there is a small button on the sensor you can press.

BILLTCHICAGO
10-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks that was easy! TY!

SNUUZES
01-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Once you have selected one of the 3 bikes (press and hold the mode button to do this), switch to the menu page, select settings, bike settings, bike1, then "ant+ spd/Cad" (or "ant+ power" for power and yes you can setup both for the same bike), change the sensor present to "yes". Then you should be able to just spin your wheel. If it doesn't pick up, there is a small button on the sensor you can press.
EKUTTER this has been a life-saver for me; I got my 310XT only last week but my GSC10 cadence sensor arrived weeks ago (They were part of one on-line order but only the GSC10 came directly from Amazon,the Forerunner was passed on to another supplier). Maybe this is why they would not talk to each other or maybe the battery in the GSC10 was freezing cold after a few weeks. I tried all the tricks with the battery suggested and re-ran the start-up wizard but nothing worked till I came across this post.
Why is this not in the user manual? Could Garmin not at least give a list of all the menu options and sub options so a user could find them? Or if they change with software upgrades could they publish a web link to the current menu?
Can the forum administrators make your post "sticky"? It is three months since your post here!:):)

HANNOSTAMM
02-10-2010, 04:29 AM
You are a star! Had the same problem. Documentation sucks in all honesty (add to that that Garmin does not mention that the speed/cadence sensor is not meant for MTB's).

EKUTTER
02-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Have you had problems using it on your MTB? I actually think this is where you would want it most. The GPS is surprisingly accurate for distance out on the road but is usually a bit short on very winding single track. The good news is that the 310xt actually does a better job on distance in these situations than my Edge 705.

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
02-10-2010, 01:29 PM
You are a star! Had the same problem. Documentation sucks in all honesty (add to that that Garmin does not mention that the speed/cadence sensor is not meant for MTB's).

Why do you say that? Why should it not work for MTBs? I guess satellite tracking could be problematic with dense cover and distance with twisty trails, so taking speed and distance from the rear wheel might provide a bit more accuracy.

Although in all honesty I can't see any real benefit for having one on an MTB. We were talking about this the other night at home as we both have 310s with speed/cadence sensors on all bikes except the MTBs. We decided not to fit them to the MTB as we saw no need to keep track of cadence for obvious reasons.

But, apart from the risk of getting knocked about, I can't see any reason why they wouldn't work on an MTB? And hence why Garmin wold need to say they are not meant for mountain biking.

TARREN1
02-20-2010, 12:18 PM
I had the same issues after a major upgrade of the Edge 705 firmware. HRM was fine but Cadence stopped. Based on your thread I was able to instantly restore my cadence by Settings>ANT+Sport>Receive Data then selecting the cadence option and reconnecting cadence sensor. It worked without all the issues about WiFi etc.

SEAMOOR
01-23-2011, 04:24 PM
How do I pair my 310XT with a sigma cadence and speed sensor. I have been on the bike, cycling and the forerunner is not picking up the speed or cadence. The sigma display is showing cadence and speed all right? Thanks