PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Date

WHITEHAMMER1982
10-15-2009, 04:40 PM
The workout I did today is date stamped Oct 10th and not today's date the 15th, so it shows in the calendar for the 10th. Any idea on how to resolve? I checked my unit by doing "another workout" but the new workout shows the correct date. It looks like I have to manual input today's workout.

NDURANCERIDER
10-16-2009, 09:39 AM
I assume you are referring to this activity?

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/15799429

I downloaded the TCX file and simply replaced all occurrences of 2009-10-10 with 2009-10-15. Attached the zip file here. Just manually import the TCX into TC or upload to GC.

The initial problem, though, is odd. If it happens again, you might need to follow some other methods to clear out the data.

April

SJSTRAW
10-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Hi guys.

Thanks for this post and thanks for your solution NDURANCERIDER.

I have experienced this three times and have used your solution to resolve it. Using TextEdit on my Mac and then apple+f I select the "replace and find" tab which then updates all the incorrect logged dates. I then save the new file and upload it.

My question is this, is there anyway then to get it from GC back to my 310xt History?

Thanks!
sjstRAW

SAEEDI
10-20-2009, 12:20 AM
My question is this, is there anyway then to get it from GC back to my 310xt History?

This is not possible with any of the fitness devices.

SJSTRAW
10-20-2009, 03:19 AM
OK Thanks!

NDURANCERIDER
10-20-2009, 08:19 AM
Since this has happened 3 times, I suggest doing a hard reset to attempt to fix the issue.

First, make sure all your data is off the device as a hard reset will clear out all your history and reset all the settings to factory default.

To do a hard reset, press the Mode button while turning the unit on. Answer Yes to delete all user data.

Go through the set up menu. Then allow the unit to be outside to get a good view of the sky and lock on the satellites.

Whenever you do an outdoor activity, make sure you have a good satellite lock before starting out.

April

SJSTRAW
10-23-2009, 02:10 AM
I thought I read it in this thread but obviously I did not, that a solution is to hold the reset key down after your run so you zero it back. This way, on your next run, it doesn't "pick up" from where you left off on your previous run. I think perhaps that was my error, but I am not certain. Nonetheless, I'll take your advice and do the hard reset, can't do any harm.

DW152
10-23-2009, 06:19 AM
I thought I read it in this thread but obviously I did not, that a solution is to hold the reset key down after your run so you zero it back.

Yes, when you finish a workout, first press the start/stop key to stop the timer, then hold down the lap/reset button for several seconds (you will see a 3-2-1 countdown). This will store the workout and reset the watch.