PDA

View Full Version : TC and watch metric, but pace imperial???

HANNOSTAMM
10-14-2009, 06:37 PM
As a non-American, I use the metric system, with preferences in both Training Center and on my 310XT set to metric. However, when I start a work-out, the pace is changed from kilometers to Miles. Example: this morning my scheduled work-out was a 15K run at a pace of 5:15 minutes/km. However, when I start my training, my goal pace all of a sudden is something like 2:50 - 3:10/km (yeah right).

I can see my actual pace (metric) on the data fields but obviously the alarm goes off non-stop, which is rather annoying.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hanno

NDURANCERIDER
10-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Are you creating the workout in Training Center and then sending it to the 310? Or creating the workout on the watch directly? There have been some reported issues when using TC to create workouts. So this might be another symptom of that. It is a bit of a pain to set up complicated workouts on the watch, but yours doesn't sound too bad.

April

HANNOSTAMM
10-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Hi April,

Yes, I am indeed setting up the runs in TC, something that has worked perfectly for the years I have used the 305. As my runs vary widely (intervals, Fartlek, etc,) it would be a real pain to have to set it up on the watch. Maybe the 310 was rushed to
the market too soon. Not nice, considering I paid USD 700.00+ here in Cambodia:-(

Hanno

NDURANCERIDER
10-16-2009, 08:29 AM
If you create a workout on the 310 that doesn't work if sent from TC, does your issue go away?

April

HANNOSTAMM
10-20-2009, 07:44 PM
I tried setting up runs on the 310 directly (and what a pain that is), but the watch still wants me to run a kilometer in 2:30. I have deleted everything (history, profile information, training sessions) on both watch and TC and entered training sessions from scratch. I shall see tomorrow morning if that works.

HANNOSTAMM
10-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Well, that didn't work either. I am ready to go back to my 305 until Garmin brings out an update that makes the watch actually work, if ever. i am extremely disappointed with this watch and can only advise any potential buyer to think long and hard before splurging this kind of money.