PDA

View Full Version : Watch Turns Off During Data Transfer

KAFOLSKE
10-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Twice this week, my 310XT has shut off while transferring data to my PC. Both times, it had tried several times to transfer data before it turned off.

Is this expected behavior when data transfers are having trouble?

Has anyone else had this happen?

My battery was almost full, so I know that wasn't the problem.

-Keith

SOFTWAREDEVELOPER99
10-14-2009, 10:16 AM
its have had the same issue once with the latest version of the firmware

MUSILJAN
10-15-2009, 09:24 PM
I have seen this in transferring courses from PC to the unit. Happened repeatedly and not all courses made it to the watch. This is one of the areas where this watch is acting quite unpredictably. I hate it when I need to change plans, because course was not transferred although I tried few times. Funny enough - it works fine from Mac, but issues on PC with XP.

GEORGERAMSDELL
05-15-2010, 10:03 PM
My Garmin is experiencing the same thing!

What do I do?

FERGUSBARRY
05-16-2010, 08:22 AM
I'm having the same problem, any assistance would be great.

Thanks

20100_2
05-17-2010, 02:50 AM
I've the same problem last Sunday. I ran 6km. At home the 310xt upload my activities but shut down suddenly. I've browsed on the watch my last activity and remarked that I could not select it from the course menu.
I was unable to use it. I was able to see all the laps.
Only solution was to remove all datas file from the menu.
Hard reset doesn't solve anything.
I used the last firmware.

DIGITALDINGUS
05-18-2010, 02:32 AM
Have all of you checked the battery level when you transferred your data. The only problems I've had transferring data were when the battery level indicator was at one segment or at a very low percentage.

20100_2
05-18-2010, 03:07 AM
Have all of you checked the battery level when you transferred your data. The only problems I've had transferring data were when the battery level indicator was at one segment or at a very low percentage.

Yes,
the batt indicator was more half charged.

RICHG97
04-24-2012, 04:31 AM
Running latest firmware, English. Watch shut down during course upload from PC. Since then shuts down every time I go to training==>courses. Reset didn't help. Battery full.
any ideas?
Thanks!

MCBADGER
04-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Did you do a master reset to make sure everything is deleted off the watch? (Get your activities off the watch first or you'll lose them too).
Check in your watch's data directories on your computer; the courses you've used are backed up there. Remove those files to make sure that the bad course isn't being repeatedly copied to the watch. (Might want to back them up somewhere)

RICHG97
04-24-2012, 10:43 AM
Did you do a master reset to make sure everything is deleted off the watch? (Get your activities off the watch first or you'll lose them too).
Check in your watch's data directories on your computer; the courses you've used are backed up there. Remove those files to make sure that the bad course isn't being repeatedly copied to the watch. (Might want to back them up somewhere)
Thanks; a few beginner tips needed (sorry, had the watch for ~1,800 km but never a problem...) - how do you hard reset? where are the courses (from the garmin connect activity explorer) stored for me to delete?

RICHG97
04-24-2012, 10:55 AM
OK, did hard reset. Still turns off whenever I go to Training-->Courses.

MCBADGER
04-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Try the reset described here (https://forums.garmin.com/showpost.php?p=111954&postcount=4), that should do the trick (has worked for someone else with the same problem).

And this post (https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=1292) should help you find the files on your computer.

RICHG97
04-29-2012, 03:12 AM
Did the trick, Thanks a lot!