PDA

View Full Version : Custom Workout Question

MADEUPNAME
10-08-2009, 01:17 PM
For running I have auto lap set to 1 mile.

Tonight I created a Custom Workout on the 310 (as opposed to in the GTC). It had one step, Duration was OPEN, Target was SPEED and then the limits for 9:00 and 8:00 min per mile respectively.

I noticed that when I was running I wasn't being notified of the mile markers (the auto laps). Now the workout is uploaded they don't show on GC..... is this right, the Custom Workout overrides the auto lap?

ALAALA
10-08-2009, 01:30 PM
For running I have auto lap set to 1 mile.

Tonight I created a Custom Workout on the 310 (as opposed to in the GTC). It had one step, Duration was OPEN, Target was SPEED and then the limits for 9:00 and 8:00 min per mile respectively.

I noticed that when I was running I wasn't being notified of the mile markers (the auto laps). Now the workout is uploaded they don't show on GC..... is this right, the Custom Workout overrides the auto lap?

Yes.

philipshambrook
10-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Further to that, any programmed workout overrides all alerts or auto lap settings.

MADEUPNAME
10-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Oh, thats a bugger!!!! - Thanks for the quick answer

MADEUPNAME
10-08-2009, 03:23 PM
..........If I had set the run up in GTC (on the Mac version) as a single step:
Go Until: DISTANCE and enter 1.0 mile
Maintain: SPEED ZONE and select the desired zone
The repeat that step for the number of miles I was going to run.... everytime I passed a mile would the split time be recorded as that would be a completed step?

If I don't add in a rest step will the next step start automatically without the need to press the lap button?

KANSAIBEN
10-08-2009, 03:28 PM
Yes, that should accomplish what you want, provided you add enough steps/repetitions to last the duration of your activity.

philipshambrook
10-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Oh, thats a bugger!!!! - Thanks for the quick answer

And you got to keep the b word!!