PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Training Centre vs Garmin Connect Time

SGDIESEL
10-03-2009, 08:36 AM
I really think Garmin have been seduced by technology with the 310XT and overcomplicated things somewhat!!

I have no idea why the option to manually set date and time does not exist. My training is evenly split between in the gym and on the road so I do not always use GPS. The recorded time is not always correct, and in particular I have found that my local Training Centre records time correctly but on Connect it is 1 hour out, irrespective of what kind of activity I use.

Also, how come where the option exists to manually set a time zone there is no UK / GMT. Don't wish to sound UK centric, but surely any offering of a time zone should always include GMT?????

So, following the rant, here is my question - How do I ensure I get the correct time on Connect?

LISAFOX16
10-03-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm in the UK and I had this problem for non-GPS workouts in GC. You need to change the time zone in GC from GMT to Western European Time. As far as I know its something to do with the hours difference in summer time.

To change this you need to go into settings in your GC account. There will then be a heading called "Upload Time Zone". Change this to Western European Time. I've had no problems since.

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
10-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Have you tried setting the time zone to automatic?

SGDIESEL
10-04-2009, 02:34 AM
Thanks Lisa, spot on with your suggestion

I did set the time zone to Auto. When I upload in to Training Centre the time is fine, it is only Garmin Connect that was wrong, it is sorted now though