PDA

View Full Version : maximum heart rate on Forerunner?

STNELSON13
12-03-2011, 01:48 PM
I just got a Forerunner 405 CX with heart rate monitor. Does this device keep track of my maximum heart rate for a workout? If so, how can I access this? Thanks!

FATDZ
01-07-2012, 05:39 AM
It does not keep track of your MHR. It does not even know what is your MHR. But what it does is to show you what HR you have for a given workout. From there, you can determine your MHR and key into the Forerunner. :)

PHILIPSHAMBROOK
01-07-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm guessing you mean max HR for the training session. Usually visible in post activity apps - GARMIN training centre, GARMIN connect etc. Unsure if there is a data field you could set, but max HR is usually only of use post exercise.

FATDZ
01-07-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm guessing you mean max HR for the training session. Usually visible in post activity apps - GARMIN training centre, GARMIN connect etc. Unsure if there is a data field you could set, but max HR is usually only of use post exercise.

I just checked, and there's no data field showing the max HR achieved for a given workout. It shows %MHR though, but no absolute number.

TRYING2GOFAST
01-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Under "View" in Garmin Training Center, pull the menu down and select "Use Heart Rate (BPM)" instead of "Use % Max Heart Rate" which you apparently have selected now.