PDA

View Full Version : Endless loop 'press dot' - Nuvi 1450LMT

Dennis8060
10-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Two month old Garmin Nuvi 1450LMT. Today it came up in a "Press Dot" screen that will not end. I read the forum and tried to reset (both by holding lower right screen while power on, and holding upper left while powering on), but it just came back on to the press dot screen, never offering to reset. Tried pressing the dot, doing this for a half hour while driving in unknown areas in heavy traffic where I really needed the GPS (and both hands on the wheel), but it never recovered. Seems to be dead unless you like the game of pressing the dot.

Home now, I can see the GPS drive on my PC, but have no idea what to do. I am willing to try to save the poor thing.

Used the Garmin updater software reinstall maps (twice), but did not help.

What can I do next to fix the endless "press dot" mode.

Thanks,
Dennis

RONGXIN1989@GMAIL.COM
10-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Hey. I had exactly the same problem today. I referred to another forum, and solved this problem. You can just use a plastic pen or anything with a nib to press it, instead of using your finger. After pressing 5 to 6 times, mine worked.

GECKO4WD
11-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Hey. I had exactly the same problem today. I referred to another forum, and solved this problem. You can just use a plastic pen or anything with a nib to press it, instead of using your finger. After pressing 5 to 6 times, mine worked.

x2 same thing happened to me and i use a pencil with a plastic tip (old palm pilot pen) and after 5 times the calibration was successful

GEORGE.MACK@HOTMAIL.COM
09-19-2012, 02:57 PM
x2 same thing happened to me and i use a pencil with a plastic tip (old palm pilot pen) and after 5 times the calibration was successful

that works i just done it thanks for ans.

CINDY1112
12-25-2012, 03:27 PM
why there is no data available

JSDRYSDALE
02-19-2013, 02:09 PM

This works. Thanks.

EJROM2217
02-28-2013, 08:39 PM
Worked!!! Thanks

LUIZ2009
03-10-2013, 06:23 AM

Use a pen for tablet or smartphone and click exactly on DOT.

RON5519
04-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Worked like a charm. Saved it from the garbage heap. Thank you.:cool:

MELWSCOTT
05-17-2013, 03:03 AM
Thanks for the advice to use a pen to press the dot!
I did that and it came back but with no maps....:(
Any suggestion on how to get the maps back?

SUSSAMB
05-17-2013, 03:31 AM
What do you see when you press Tools>Settings>Map>Map info? Is the map listed? Is it selected?

MARTINWSANG@SKY.COM
05-27-2013, 05:30 AM

Thanks for this cure. I'm on the IoM and I've been frustrated with chasing the bloody dot around the screen, but using the tip of a plastic spoon it worked.

Thank you!

RONALDLUO
06-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the advice to use a pen to press the dot!
I did that and it came back but with no maps....:(
Any suggestion on how to get the maps back?

I just fixed it Press Dot. If the problem should happen three times, I will call Garmin or BestBuy and ask refund.

DANSHANIS
06-21-2014, 11:04 AM
Use a pen for tablet or smartphone and click exactly on DOT.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, I never would have discovered that by chance. It may take more than 8 taps but it DOES work so don't give up. :)