PDA

View Full Version : Foot Pod Cadence Data

SEGUNDO3000GT
09-30-2011, 05:54 PM
I picked up a foot pod for my Forerunner 305 to get an idea of my running cadence. When I upload my data the graph looks like the attached image. It oscillates between around 90 and around 45. Is this normal? It's like it's missing half of my stride occasionally and it throws off the average cadence.

DW152
10-01-2011, 06:50 AM
That doesn't look right to me. I've attached an image of the graph from a recent run I did, which is how most of my runs look. Having said that, I'm not sure what is happening with yours. First thing to try would be to change the battery.

SEGUNDO3000GT
10-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks. Yours is more like I would expect. I checked the battery and it's at 2.98V so that shouldn't be the issue. Maybe the battery wasn't making good contact so re-seating it will fix the issue. I'll have to do another run to see.

DAPE-BRNO
10-29-2011, 12:40 PM
Thanks. Yours is more like I would expect. I checked the battery and it's at 2.98V so that shouldn't be the issue. Maybe the battery wasn't making good contact so re-seating it will fix the issue. I'll have to do another run to see.

I have the same problem:
Hi, I tried footpod with the FR60 and FR610, but it is the same as well as with the new footpod. What is it wrong? During slow run with the 130 heart rate (about 7 mins/km) and with cadence about 85 /min. After about 20 minitues I see (on watches as well as in GTC) that the cadence is falling down from 85 to 60, 40, 0, stay there for about few seconds (sometimes shows not "0" but "---") and after few seconds shows current cadence. During 1 hr run it showes 10-20x "0", but it is wrong, I still run. The most often it is happened during running to hill, but if I run horizontal with the same speed and cadence it doesnot happen.
Have you any opinion with it? Thank you very much. The footpod is a new one.